Providence

jmancuso

hello folks...i'm new here but a regular at SSP & SSC. noticed you have a decent RI community here and decided to join. saw link in cotuit's signature at SSC.

anyway, here are some pics i took while apartment hunting in RI

62841665.jpg

62841706.jpg

62841663.jpg

62841656.jpg

62841662.jpg

62841673.jpg

62841677.jpg

62841638.jpg

62841768.jpg

62841640.jpg

62841693.jpg

62841688.jpg

62841696.jpg

62841729.jpg

62841702.jpg

62841728.jpg

62841717.jpg

62841727.jpg

62841724.jpg

62841731.jpg

62841732.jpg

62841733.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanks for the coments? btw, what do you mean by watermark?

i fell in love with providence and RI in general and hoped to have moved there this month but room-mate crapped out on me.

here are a few more:

62841730.jpg

62841742.jpg

what's the story with this:

62841741.jpg

62841743.jpg

when i do move, this is where i plan on living:

62841746.jpg

62841749.jpg

62841755.jpg

62841759.jpg

62841764.jpg

62841730.jpg

You were here quite recently I see. That pile of sticks on the right has been morphing into different sculptures for a few months.

what's the story with this:

62841741.jpg

That's the Masonic Temple being transformed into a hotel, scheduled to open at the end of the year, or more likely very early next year.

just curious why you fell in love with providence and the state??

i'm originally from the northeast (upstate NY) and want to move back but to an area with a stable economy and still affordable. after living in TX for 9 years, RI's small size is a appealing.

@ cotuit: those were taken about 3 weeks ago.

thanks for the coments? btw, what do you mean by watermark?

Lol, what I mean is, that's the money shot, the one that pro photographers like to take and then try to sell you. See, when they post the pic online, they place a watermark on it so you can't just save the pic and circumvent the artist's fee. Like these:

ProvidenceSkyline.jpg

nitesoutheast.jpg

Anyhow, I also meant (in my oblique way) that you nailed the money shot, so consider it a compliment. :thumbsup:

You wouldn't be the first to say that. :whistling:

Two months ago I was told by Textron that lighting was "under consideration". A man of great wealth and real estate holdings personally told me that the lack of lighting is due to the fact that Textron has a very "cheap, under the radar" culture.

It had always seemed odd that they would not light the 4th tallest building in the city (until I was told of their cluture). Even minimal roof lighting would significantly add to the skyline. Look at those great shots and imagine it...

I wish the city would encourage them.

Two months ago I was told by Textron that lighting was "under consideration".

Positively thrilled to hear it. And more than a little surprised. :shok:

Look at those great shots and imagine it...

Oh you can bet that I have. :P

I know Garris emailed them maybe about 6 months ago, recommending some illumination. I thought it was a good idea to try, so I sent them an email myself (and a very buttery one at that) a little while later. Garris reported that he received no reply, and I know I myself never got any response. But maybe our pleas weren't ignored after all.

i just think that with the shape of the building and that balcony-ish thing around the top floor would be a great place for a similar lighting scheme... like a "hospital trust jr." after all, they are very similar looking buildings. what would be cool is if they did that and put their logo on that top layer on the left side of the longer sides of the building adn illuminated that. sure, it'd end up being another blue light, but if they did the lighting around the top of the building in a different color, something that would compliment it, it could look really neat. i think it'd be nice to have one of the 2 fortune 500's in RI have their name on their building (since the other doesn't have a providence headquarters).

maybe we should all send them an email to suggest lighting... what's the address?

...maybe we should all send them an email to suggest lighting... what's the address?

I think a letter writing campaign is a great idea. As has already been mentioned, I too sent a flattering e-mail to their communications/PR person several months ago and got no reply :angry:.

I contacted one of these two people. I welcome everyone else to try as well!

Media:

Susan M. Tardanico

Vice President, Communications

[email protected]

Tel. (401) 457-2394

Fax (401) 457-3598

Karen Gordon

Manager, Media Relations

[email protected]

Tel. (401) 457-2362

Fax (401) 457-3598

- Garris

I think a letter writing campaign is a great idea. As has already been mentioned, I too sent a flattering e-mail to their communications/PR person several months ago and got no reply :angry:.

I contacted one of these two people. I welcome everyone else to try as well!

Media:

Susan M. Tardanico

Vice President, Communications

[email protected]

Tel. (401) 457-2394

Fax (401) 457-3598

Karen Gordon

Manager, Media Relations

[email protected]

Tel. (401) 457-2362

Fax (401) 457-3598

- Garris

The power of UP.....what about a political run... :whistling:

i second that, i dont think they look bad when they are constructed, but they always lose their integrity

i've seen them last many years without serious problems. for example, my hometown of branford, CT did brick sidewalks and crosswalks many years ago now... i want to say i was in 5th or 6th grade, making it like 15-18 years ago. some of the crosswalks have been repaired, but the sidewalks have been kept in pretty good shape. i'm not sure if they've done anything to keep them kept up pretty well, but they're as flat as they were when they were first laid down.

Archived