Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HartfordTycoon

Let Hartford Be Hartford

10 posts in this topic

He makes some interesting points, however I don't really agree and think that he as usual doesn't really grasp Hartford's true potential.

Let Hartford Be Hartford Cohen OpEd

Wow, what a truly horrible article. The entire supposition that the suburbs know what they are and even though it is gross and unsustainable, it's at least comfortable, is no base from which to build a thesis on Hartford. I hope Mr. Cohen never tries to tell Providence how it should be.

I read the excerpt above and do not even want to click the link to finish.

What/Where is Cohen paper?

I read the excerpt above and do not even want to click the link to finish.

What/Where is Cohen paper?

He's with the Courant.

You guys have to understand Laurence Cohen.

For years he has criticized the whole effort to revitalize Hartford. He hates the whole idea of his tax dollars helping the capitol city, calls it "fake" and is pretty much as anti-urban as they come. He believes that the city of Hartford should survive on its own without any outside effort. If the city dies, he thinks that is the natural progression of things and you should let it die. He sees nothing wrong with Connecticut being one big suburb because he thinks thats what most people want anyway.

That article was terrible and counter-productive. Unfortunately, he is expressing his opinion and the opinions of many people in the metro region @ the city. There is entirely too much negative press @ Hartford that is perpetuated by the media and those very notions undermine the efforts of many that are trying to turn that corner. I'm going to write the Courant. :sick:

That article was terrible and counter-productive. Unfortunately, he is expressing his opinion and the opinions of many people in the metro region @ the city. There is entirely too much negative press @ Hartford that is perpetuated by the media and those very notions undermine the efforts of many that are trying to turn that corner. I'm going to write the Courant. :sick:

I totally agree.

The Courant pays this guy to write garbage? :wacko:

Cohen is the token conservative at the Courant. Rather than hire a thoughful, well-reasoned conservative, they hired Cohen to further the perception that consevatives are fruitcakes. And Cohen is playing the part of a fruitcake to perfection

I can't stand this guy, I think this is the first column of his I've read in 3 years...