Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

yeah...

Eastern BBQ?

12 posts in this topic

so where do you get some of this elusive stuff in charlotte?

I can't speak for how good it might be, but I believe there was a post in this section on the fact that Bojangles (or maybe it was another chain) was going to start selling Eastern BBQ in Charlotte.

Bill Spoon's on South

Lunch only, and M-F only. Oh, and cash and check only.

Whole hog, light vinegar sauce (available at the table), mustard-based slaw. They also have decent brunswick stew. Good fresh hush puppies as well.

Beat me to it.

Bill Spoon's, no doubt.

Great stuff, and Bill himself is there to check you out. The first time I ate there I didn't know it was cash or check only, and I just had my debit card. Bill said that's ok and wrote me an I.O.U.

How many places would do that for you?!!

I've been a loyal customer ever since.

Bubba's BBQ on sunset is the best bbq in the city that i have seen. This is coming from someone who is spends alot of time in eastern nc where parker's may be the best in the biz.

i've heard of both bill spoons and bubba's...just wanted to make sure before i went to ANOTHER bbq place. my friend went to ecu, so we've been tracking down "real" eastern bbq for the past several weekends...and i'm a vegetarian.

thanks guys.

Across the street from Spoon's is Clock BBQ. Personally, I like it better than Spoon's. It is also eastern style.

Across the street from Spoon's is Clock BBQ. Personally, I like it better than Spoon's. It is also eastern style.

I have had plenty of parker's from Wilson (the gold standard) and I truely believe that the pork at Bill Spoons is actually superior to anything you can find in the coastal plain. Bubba's is OK, but bland. Nothing special.

I'll check out the Clock next week....

Bill Spoon's was on Turner South's Blue Ribbon as one of the top 4 BBQ joints in the South. They said he takes cash, checks, and promises, you can't beat that.

Bill Spoon lived in Wilmington and learn the Eastern NC style BBQ there.

He also has good banana pudding

This is a good website:

Link

Wilber's is by far the best eastern style NC BBQ with Allen and Son and Skylight being close behind. Used to go to Bill Spoon's in Charlotte when I worked there-it was ok.

Wilber's is by far the best eastern style NC BBQ

Wilber's is good, I have eaten there a few years ago.