34 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite NC region?

• The Mountains & Foothills
    • The Piedmont
    • Sandhills & the Coast

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The coastline and the Sandhills is what makes us stand out from the rest of America. Who has the outer banks & the sandhills all at once in one state?

Im voting for the Sandhills

Well, my vote goes to the sandhills, but I have to add to your statement by saying who has the mountains, sandhills, and outerbanks? Because it can be argued that Florida has sandhills and intercostal waterway islands, and the keys. NC is extremely diverse.

What's your favorite NC region: the Mountains & Footfills, the Piedmont, or the Coast & the Sandhills?

I have had homes in both the Sandhills and at the coast, so I have a little bit of trouble lumping them together. That said, Pinehurst is, more or less, the quintessence of the Sandhills and I certainly love the place; however, Sanderling on the OBX takes a back seat to no comparable place.

North Carolina is such a diverse State. If you haven't done so, make the trip from Murphy to Manteo on US 64...slowly. It's amazing how much you can still see. Of course, there's the abridged version: I-40 to Raleigh and US 64 to Nags Head.

I really enjoy all regions. I guess growing up in the Triad, I'm biased for the Piedmont. The central Piedmont is where all of our major "big 5" cities are located.

But, I love the coastal plains/Outer Banks, Sandhills and the Mountains.......we have it all for an eastern state.

I also enjoy driving along 421 from Greensboro down to Fayetteville or Lumberton and seeing the topography change.....it's amazing. :)

Archived