Miami Vision

Gumsandals

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cool site. The baseball stadium idea is intriguing. I wonder what the Marlins think of this.

I think the Marlins might consider it if Glenn Straub the owner of the Miami Arena approached them with the idea in a joint venture, otherwise, it ain't happening and will remain a pie in the sky idea-- like so many on that site. Right now the Marlins are negotiating for land in nortwest Hialeah. It's probably a better site for those living in Broward and Palm Beach counties but it's in Hialeah for crying out loud, one of the bleakest cities on the face of the earth.

• 2 weeks later...

The BayLink Monorail is pure genius! I don't know how many times I put off going to South Beach because of the parking and traffic that you have to fight with to go there. Linking Miami to Miami Beach is not only a luxury, I think it's a necessity, if not right now, in the near future!

• 2 weeks later...

The BayLink Monorail is pure genius! I don't know how many times I put off going to South Beach because of the parking and traffic that you have to fight with to go there. Linking Miami to Miami Beach is not only a luxury, I think it's a necessity, if not right now, in the near future!

I could not agree more. While some may like the "cruising" aspect of going to south beach, I have to say that it was and is more of a deterant than a draw. Sure it is fun once or twice, but not often. If there were a link I would go much more often when I am in Miami, which is about once every other month.

Steve

Archived