Out of Town Photos

Downtowner

Well I thought I would go on and make a thread for this regarding your out of town photos if you have any you would like to put up feel free to do so. But I thought I would go on and upload some of my pics of my trip to philly from last year.

100_5814.jpg

100_5812.jpg

100_5809.jpg

100_5806.jpg

100_5788.jpg

100_5778.jpg

100_5777.jpg

100_5776.jpg

100_5773.jpg

100_5771.jpg

100_5770.jpg

100_5769.jpg

100_5768.jpg

100_5767.jpg

100_5765.jpg

100_5763.jpg

I'll do the other half tomorrow.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just had to share this building. I saw it while I was in Shanghai recently. There's some sort of optical illusion going on but i just can't get my head around it! /Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2005/06/15/DSC00386.JPG/Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2005/06/15/DSC00387.JPG

Hmm . . . guess I don't know how to post photos . . . yet

I just had to share this building. I saw it while I was in Shanghai recently. There's some sort of optical illusion going on but i just can't get my head around it! /Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2005/06/15/DSC00386.JPG/Users/brandon/Pictures/iPhoto Library/2005/06/15/DSC00387.JPG

Hmm . . . guess I don't know how to post photos . . . yet

Hahahaha. I'm so glad I'm not the only one who can't link. :rofl:

haha sorry for the confusing name . . . supposed to be a reference to the fact that I live in ginter park, and go to school at uva. I haven't had a chance to ride the maglev yet, but they sure are damn proud of it here (as they should be!) I'll probably test it out on my way back to the States. Btw, if anyone ever finds themselves in Shanghai, I recommend checking out the Shanghai Urban Development Museum - although it sugarcoats Shanghai's history (including no mention of the years 1949-1978; hmm what happpened then?) there are some outstanding exhibits about Shanghai's past 15 years of growth and future plans.

Yeah, the Bund is where you can find most of Shanghai's western architecture, back from when the western powers (mostly U.K., France, & U.S) controlled Shanghai. When they were built (early 1900s), the buildings were mostly western banks; now they're all Chinese banks (and each building flies at least one Chinese flag so we don't forget it), but the Chinese still call it waitan [why tahn] which roughly translates as "foreign shore."

Here's a picture of part of it.

n1508200_30976061_649.jpg

And at night.

n1508200_30976068_3688.jpg

• 5 months later...

So as you all know, I grew up in the Town of Oyster Bay, and while I was there this weekend, I decided to take a drive around the ole' neighborhood.

The Long Island Expressway

DSC08098.jpg

Over the bridge near Jericho Turnpike

DSC08096.jpg

My old house on Southwood Circle

DSC08089.jpg

The Jamaica Street Pre-School (the one I went to)

DSC08079.jpg

DSC08076.jpg

South Grove Elementary (the one I went to)

DSC08092.jpg

DSC08094.jpg

DSC08091.jpg

Ill post the city pictures later on today.

Ahhhh. Home sweet home. :) Next to New York, I like Richmond best. :thumbsup:

Terrific pix, Tommy. You were less than 3 blocks from my apartment in some of the shots.

The light colors on the Empire State Building tower change for every holiday and/or special occasion.

I never tire of Manhattan.

Ahhhh. Home sweet home. :) Next to New York, I like Richmond best. :thumbsup:

Terrific pix, Tommy. You were less than 3 blocks from my apartment in some of the shots.

The light colors on the Empire State Building tower change for every holiday and/or special occasion.

I never tire of Manhattan.

Archived