Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

memphis born

Beale ST. Expansion

7 posts in this topic

Here's what I would propose as a additional expansion for Beale

1) A Louis Tussard wax museum featuring life like statues of all the great blues singers BB King,

WC Handy, etc. also Great Memphis artist like Issac Hayes, rufus thomas, Justin Timberlake etc.

Oh can't forget Elvis!! also a great extension of this would include a Civil Rights dedication to MLK, Medgar Evers, Jesse Jackson Rosa Parks Etc.

2) A Ripley's 4-D theater Movies you ride. :w00t:

3) A Guiness Book of World Records

These Three things would greatly enhance Beale's Day time tourist activity here's a link

http://www.jimpattison.com/ente/en__index.htm :shades:

MB, are you just proposing to move Gatlinburg to Beale Street?

Seriously! No offense, but none of those really go with the feel of Beale Street. They go along with a white trash explosion off in the mountains...ok, that may be a bit harsh. I think Beale Street needs to expand by adding more exclusive clubs that are a bit modern but still have the blues/jazz/rock feel that is Beale Street. In the long run, I'd love to see a few chic hotels pop up along the drag (a la Bourbon Street) along with a few more clubs and restaurants. I hope to see the street fill in gaps between the river and where the old Elvis Presley's Memphis (which is reopening as a sushi joint, no?) and grow to go beyond the Plush Club.

Here's what I would propose as a additional expansion for Beale

1) A Louis Tussard wax museum featuring life like statues of all the great blues singers BB King,

WC Handy, etc. also Great Memphis artist like Issac Hayes, rufus thomas, Justin Timberlake etc.

Oh can't forget Elvis!! also a great extension of this would include a Civil Rights dedication to MLK, Medgar Evers, Jesse Jackson Rosa Parks Etc.

2) A Ripley's 4-D theater Movies you ride. :w00t:

3) A Guiness Book of World Records

These Three things would greatly enhance Beale's Day time tourist activity here's a link

http://www.jimpattison.com/ente/en__index.htm :shades:

Do you post on memphistigers.org? Honestly, I don't think any of those are consistent with the mission of Beale.

And none of those ideas really give you a sense of the blues!