Restaurants that might make you Sick

monsoon

I was stunned when I saw that ultra trendy Ru San's Sushi restaurant in Dilworth now has a 'C' health department rating for putting food off the floor back onto people's plates. Not only that, it a 72% which is a low C and just a couple of points away from being shut down. I find this to be particularly outrageous that a restaurant of such a reputation would do something as horrible as this but its good to know I guess.

There is a wealth of information here about your favorite restaurant at the Mecklenburg County Health dept. Check it out before you go eat.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^^ Pantherhead, you just said a cotton-pickin' mouthful!

I worked as a service bartender in a Florida 4 star hotel/restaurant and saw it all. Kitchens and chefs are generally filthy. I saw chefs coming out of the bathroom stalls and leaving the bathroom without washing their hands. I saw chefs rubbing their face with greasy rags, then wipe plates....

I saw food on the floor and everywhere else, being picked up and served. This Charlotte restaurant simply "got caught".....or either they didn't line the pockets of inspectors.

It was rumored our hotel got away with such glaring filth by giving out generous (and secret) perks to the inspectors!

If you want to be 100% assured you're eating food that is prepared in a hygenic manner, then skip ALL restaurants~~~eat at home. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but every restaurant I ever worked in was nasty. Simply nasty. Mainly the employees.

^^ Pantherhead, you just said a cotton-pickin' mouthful!

I worked as a service bartender in a Florida 4 star hotel/restaurant and saw it all. Kitchens and chefs are generally filthy. I saw chefs coming out of the bathroom stalls and leaving the bathroom without washing their hands. I saw chefs rubbing their face with greasy rags, then wipe plates....

I saw food on the floor and everywhere else, being picked up and served. This Charlotte restaurant simply "got caught".....or either they didn't line the pockets of inspectors.

It was rumored our hotel got away with such glaring filth by giving out generous (and secret) perks to the inspectors!

If you want to be 100% assured you're eating food that is prepared in a hygenic manner, then skip ALL restaurants~~~eat at home. Sorry to burst everyone's bubble, but every restaurant I ever worked in was nasty. Simply nasty. Mainly the employees.

That's exactly what I was trying to say. :thumbsup:

If you worrry about it too much, your best bet might be to try one of those places where you can see right into the kitchen, and what the cooks are up to. Or maybe one of those Japanese places where they cook your meal right in front of you.

I've worked in several restaurants, and I've seen some bad behavior. My kitchen's kind of dirty, though, so I usually feel safer in the restaurants.

(and FYI for those of you who don't know: being rude or condescending to your waiter/waitress will increase the odds of something bad happening to your food. :D )

^^^Vitamin N, you just said a cotton pickin' mouthful too!

Working in bars and restaurants, several times I saw waiters spitting into drinks, after customers cursed at them etc.......

One waiter told me he had once seen a waiter relieve himself in someone's drink!! YIKES

Yeah don't ever show hostility to a waiter/waitress. Ask for a different server (and hope the new server isn't the old server's best friend:)

I don't frequent restaurants very often~~~

Acedotes about wait staff taking revenge are interesting but the fact remains the health department has given this restaurant a 72% rating which is one of the lowest that I ever remember seeing in Charlotte. (and it should be a level playing field even considering revengeful wait staff) This is a pretty bad rating and just a few points away from the level where they get closed down. If you believe this writeup, it sounds as if you are going to get a nasty meal even if you have a good waiter.

Archived