How were the Great Pyramids of Giza built?

cityboi

The Great Pyramid is believed to have taken 20 years to build. Each stone that was use to construct the pyramid ranges from 1 to 20 tons. But the ancient Egyptians had no machinery or engines that helped them put these stones into place. How did the Egyptians lift tons and tons of stone hundredes of feet up in the air! Some suggest that a ramp was used to haul the stones up but there is a problem with this theory. It would have taken more stones to build the ramp than it would have taken to build the Pyramid. Where are the ramp stones today?

Also how were the stones moved? Some also say that trees were cut into smooth logs and they rolled the stones on the logs. If you were to haul 20 ton stones on a number of logs, the weight of the stone would wear down the logs after moving one stone. So new logs would have to be replaced for each stone. There were over 100,000 stones used to build the great pyramid so you would need half a million trees to be used as rollers for these stones. Also This area had very limited trees. It really is mysteries becasue the Egyptians left of caches of records of their history and culture but not one clue how the pyramids were built. The Pyramid was refered to a few times in ancient hieroglyphics. Egyptian writing suggests the Great Pyramid was standing before Egyptians populated the land. Whats even more amazing is that how could a structure this scale be built so perfectly? It is precisly aligned with true north. No building constructed today is aligned precisely true north. The Great Pyramids sits in the exact center of Earth's land mass. What was the purpose of the Great Pyramid? Why would so much effort and resources be put into building such a structure only to not be used as a burial tomb for a pharo? There are no markings or hieroglyphs in the great pyramids.

one interesting fact is that the king's chamber in the Great Pyramid is the PRECISE demenisons of the holy of holies which was the chamber in Jerusalem used to store the Ark of the Covenent. The stone sarcarficus in the King's chamber of the Great Pyramid also fits the PRECISE demensions of the ark chest itself.

In the book of Isaiah in the bible Chapter 20 verse 19 says "In that day, there shall be and alter to the Lord in the land of Egypt and a "pillar" (which means monument) at the border thereof to the Lord." The "border" in that verse represents the border of upper and lower Eygypt. The Great Pryamid sits right on the border. Whats even more amazing is that the hebrew numerical value of that verse in the bible is the exact height of the Great Pyramid in hebrew inches.

Jeremiah 32: 18-29, "God hast set signs and

wonders in the land of Egypt, even unto this day." So this appears

to indicate that what ever it was had been there a long time even in

Jeremiah's days.

here are more biblical signifigances with the Great Pyramid.

When talking about Christ the bible makes mention of several things

that related to a structure of some kind, that structue had a "Chief

Corner Stone" and they said the stone that had been rejected by the

builders had become the "Chief of the Corner," (The top stone is missing on the Pyramid) if this is true then

they are talking about a pyramid type structure and the "top" stone

that was said to have shone like the sun. Another interesting point

is the 144,000 that was mentioned in Revelations who were with

the Lord upon Mount Zion. The Great Pyramid was covered with 144,000 "WHITE" casing stones.

Another point to consider is there is a place in Revelations where the saints will receive a WHITE stone

with a new name written on it. You put all of this together and you

have a structure that looks like a "mount" that has a brilliant

"Chief Corner Stone" and "144 thousand" other white stones on it.

So does the construction of the Great Pyrimid involve some super natural power? todays' modern technolgoy and the worlds most powerful cranes can not reproduce this pyramid today. So if we can't do it today, How could a more less advance civilization thousands of years ago build it?

I'd like also know what its hidden in a secret chamber being locked away by two locked stoned doors up a shaft in the Great Pyramid? The designer of the Great Pyramid went to great legnths to hide what ever is in that chamber. the Great Pyramid in ancient times was called ‘Enoch’s Pillar’. This was becasue it was widely believed that Enoch, Noah's grandfather designed the Great Pyramid. According to the bible Enoch was taken by God and he walked with God and was shown secrets.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The bible of course was not around when the pryamids were built so it's not surprising to see some religious people try to explain that one. The bible with all of its stories, fails to take into account the events of ancient egypt because they were mostly unknown by the time it was written. Even the Pyramids were more than 2500 years old at the time of Christ. This is plenty of time for those events to be forgotten and buried in the sand. Most of what is known of ancient egypt was discovered only in the last 200 years.

The construction of the Pyramids is certainly not beyond the means of modern technology. There are dams, bridges, and other structures that easily eclipse the Pyramids in scope, difficulty, size and significance. It's also been demonstrated that it was quite possible to drag a stone 20+ miles in a sled across the sand. It's difficult but not impossible. Desert sand can be used as a lubricant. Likewise there are building techniques that could have been used to have constructed the Pyramids.

I've seen those experiments where they drag a stone on a sled, it's usually only a one ton stone and still requires quite a few people. Then the question still comes, how do you get it up there, a ramp either strait or sprialing seems implausable to me. And he raises a valid point as to why the Great Pyramid's construction isn't mentioned in hierogyphs, nor or any specific dates. I think that either the Egyptians were far more advanced than what we know, or another more advanced civilization built the pyramids before the Egyptians.

years.

The construction of the Pyramids is certainly not beyond the means of modern technology. There are dams, bridges, and other structures that easily eclipse the Pyramids in scope, difficulty, size and significance. It's also been demonstrated that it was quite possible to drag a stone 20+ miles in a sled across the sand. It's difficult but not impossible. Desert sand can be used as a lubricant. Likewise there are building techniques that could have been used to have constructed the Pyramids.

The thing is, I cant think of any man made structure since the Great pyramid that required the placement of tons of stone more than 40 stories up in the air. Yes there are modern marvels such as Hoover Dam but modern techiques and materials unknown to Egyptians were use to build more modern structures.

I've seen those experiments where they drag a stone on a sled, it's usually only a one ton stone and still requires quite a few people. Then the question still comes, how do you get it up there, a ramp either strait or sprialing seems implausable to me. And he raises a valid point as to why the Great Pyramid's construction isn't mentioned in hierogyphs, nor or any specific dates. I think that either the Egyptians were far more advanced than what we know, or another more advanced civilization built the pyramids before the Egyptians.

The phsycic Sylvia Brown said Alien technology (anti-gravitation) was used to build the Pyramid. I dont believe that but there is something unusal about how the Pyramid was constructed. The stones couldnt have been lifted by cranes. we knowthis because a test was done using the worlds most powerful crane and it couldnt even lift blocks the same weight as some of the heavier blocks used to build the pyramid. Ramps theory falls apart fast becasue as I said, it would take more blocks to build the ramp than it would to construct the pyramid itself and where would those blocks have gone once the ramp was dissasembled? Its really strange.

The thing is, I cant think of any man made structure since the Great pyramid that required the placement of tons of stone more than 40 stories up in the air. Yes there are modern marvels such as Hoover Dam but modern techiques and materials unknown to Egyptians were use to build more modern structures.

In terms of moving stone, (brick) there is nothing to compare to the Great Wall of China. While not 40 stories tall, it does cross peaks more than 9000 ft up and at more than 45% grade. The building of the wall moved far more stone than building the pyramid.

That wall makes Bush envious. Imagine if we had a Great Wall of America from the Pacific to the Atlantic along our southern border? We can do Canada too, we'd definitely show off then!

I don;t buy into the alien technology angle. I think people tend to look back and think of every as ignorant savages. I think our ancestors were often times smarter than what people give them credit for. I big problem in the past is that information that was learned would eventually be lost only because there wasn't very good ways to preserve knowledge. So when civilizations fell technology would soon follow and then have to be 'rediscovered' by another civilization. I also wonder if people today don't realize what can be accomplished when you have a large slave force to do so much of the work.

Well looking around just my own home, I see very well how much slaves could do.

And imagine, even our society could be one day lost, leaving future civilizations to wonder.

...The stones couldnt have been lifted by cranes. we knowthis because a test was done using the worlds most powerful crane and it couldnt even lift blocks the same weight as some of the heavier blocks used to build the pyramid...

:rofl:

We have cranes that can lift far more than any of the blocks in the Pyramid, and if we had a reason to we could build yet more powerful ones.

In terms of moving stone, (brick) there is nothing to compare to the Great Wall of China. While not 40 stories tall, it does cross peaks more than 9000 ft up and at more than 45% grade. The building of the wall moved far more stone than building the pyramid.

the great wall of China uses many smaller stones, thats not that impressive. What makes the pyramid so great is #1 it's height and #2 the size of the stones used and #3 the precision of the structure. Also the Great Wall was built over a far longer time period, at a later period.

the great wall of China uses many smaller stones, thats not that impressive.

Maybe it does not impress you, but I think it is very impressive. A 4500 mile long wall that is 10-20 stories tall in places, includes countless forts, military towns, and other features makes it a marvel of non-mechanized engineering and construction.

The Great Wall of China is very impressive, while its an extrodinary feat, we know how it was constructed unlike the Great Pyrymid. The Great Pyramid seems to defy logic. Most people never really think about 20 ton stones 40 stories up. Im not saying it was aliens or magic but it could be some technology from a remote civilation that has been lost or if you are religous there is the supernatural factor that God had something to do with it. apparently the blocks werent lifted with primitive cranes or hauled up ramps.

It just goes to show you what back breaking work and love can accomplish. The buildings are as precise as they are because they loved what they were building, you tend to do high quality work when you're working on something you love, it wasn't built by slaves if it was then you would see the lack of quality pop up. The ability to move the blocks is just a matter of numbers. Let's say each man is capable of exerting 500 lbs of force by with either pulling of pushing. Tether about 100 to a block and that works out to 50,000 lbs and that's not counting possible animal help. The pyramid is built with steps which can support the ramps as they build upwards.Once the top stone is placed they begin to place stones on the steps to smooth out the pyramid so instead of a jagged edge you get a smooth edge like a giant slide. In the day the were finished it was probably impossible to climb one, unlike today. They start from the top and work their way down dismantling the scaffolding as they went. It's not as complicated as people want to make it out to be.

what about the pyramids in China? the Great White Pyramid of Xian is ~300 meters high, while the Great Pyramid of Giza's is 241 meters. There are also more pyramids in China than in Egypt and no one knows when they were built, or who built them. Think there could be any correlation between the two places? What about all the other pyramids spread throughout the world? They have found them on every continent.

We have no idea how smart past civilizations were, but I think it's rediculous to throw out the idea that ET could have helped in not only building our world's pyramids, but helping to set the foundations of society. Unfortunatly the only "record" of ancient history that we have is the "Old Testament". But I think that even in there we find signifigant evidence of extra terrestrial life. I mean... think about all the times that "God" is shown... it's always in thundering clouds that make loud noises... or pillars of fire... and so fourth. many people think this is a crack pot assumption, but when you compare a lot of things in the history of the world with things that we know/assume now-a-days... i don't see how it can't make sense.

Put yourself in their shoes back then... how would you make sense of people coming from the sky to help you out? You'd do exactly the same thing they did... worship them.

what about the pyramids in China? the Great White Pyramid of Xian is ~300 meters high, while the Great Pyramid of Giza's is 241 meters. There are also more pyramids in China than in Egypt and no one knows when they were built, or who built them. Think there could be any correlation between the two places? What about all the other pyramids spread throughout the world? They have found them on every continent.

We have no idea how smart past civilizations were, but I think it's rediculous to throw out the idea that ET could have helped in not only building our world's pyramids, but helping to set the foundations of society. Unfortunatly the only "record" of ancient history that we have is the "Old Testament". But I think that even in there we find signifigant evidence of extra terrestrial life. I mean... think about all the times that "God" is shown... it's always in thundering clouds that make loud noises... or pillars of fire... and so fourth. many people think this is a crack pot assumption, but when you compare a lot of things in the history of the world with things that we know/assume now-a-days... i don't see how it can't make sense.

Put yourself in their shoes back then... how would you make sense of people coming from the sky to help you out? You'd do exactly the same thing they did... worship them.

yea they are found all over the world. Its just more evidence that all the cultures of the world come from one mother civilization. This is the mother civilization that know one alive today knows about. It its very possible people man could have been really advanced in those days and a major natural disaster destroyed any trace of the mother civilization. Imagine every trace of our modern technolygy being destroy by natural disasters and the only people that survived were a tribe in Africa that had no knowledge of modern technology. It would be like man starting all over again.

Remember Coral Castle in Florida that was built in the early 20th centurt? Its a series of buildings and structures made of stones the weight of stones of the great pyramids. Only one man was responsible for its physical construction and he always worked when no one was looking. This one man mangaged to stack stones weighing many tons and he was always seen with having just simple tools and pullies around him. He said he had discovered how the Egyptians built the Pyramids and it was a lost technology. He never told how he constructed Coral Castle but he did give clues such as invisible energy grids and points around the world that Scientist are just now discovering. He linked those energy grids to "magnetic levetation"

Perhaps he reveals his secrets of levitation when he writes: “The real magnet is the substance that is circulating in the metal. Each particle in the substance is an individual magnet by itself, and both North and South Pole individual magnets. They are so small that they can pass through anything. In fact they can pass through metal easier than through the air. They are in constant motion, they are running one kind of magnets against the other kind, and if guided in the right channels they possess perpetual power.”

CoralCastle.jpg

That guy sounds weird. I recently went to a museum owned buy another weird guy who thinks he found Noah's Ark, the Arc of the Covenant, Sodom and Gomorrah, where Moses parted the Red Sea, and every other biblical event you can think of. But he also says he discovered how they built the pyramids, using a machine that's a mix of levers and pulleys, and it really is possible. There's a video of him lifting his minivan by himself, and there was a mini model where I could lift a hundred pounds with my fingers, and using no effort at all. He says that what they did, was first built a step pyramid, layer by layer, and using this lever, they could move stones up one layer, up the next, and keep doing it that way until they reached the top. It was very believeable, as the builders could have lifted the stones with less then ten people. I don't know how they got the stones there, but this is definately a possibility of how they built the pyramids.

I think that it is very likely that humans were an advanced people before recorded history, and it doesen't even take a natural disaster to wipe them out. Look at the Romans, the were performing surgery, had running water, flushing toilets, mechanical computers and who knows what else, then they collapsed and we fell into the Dark Ages. There are some very big missing holes in our past and many mysteries, they all point to relatively advanced Atlantis-type civiization. One possibility is that the civilization was on the coast of Antartica, which was said to be free of ice around 10,000 years ago, even according to reputable maps of the time (many showed Antartica as an archipeligo). Another possibility that many claim is a "Raman Empire" in present day India, it is claimed that their cities were all coastal and when sea levels rose after the last Ice Age, their cities were flooded and they scattered, it is also claimed by some that they had flying machines and weapons of great destruction. Some of those claims are a bit harder to beleive, but they cannot be discounted entirely. We have only been industrialized for about 250 years, a mere blink in time, we're talking over 10,000-20,000+ years ago. Say that there cultures were 100 years ahead of us before their destruction, and further, they were isolated from the rest of the world, perhaps by choice. What are the chances that we would easily find evidence of their existance 10 or 20 thousand years later, or what are the chances that future civiliations would be able to find evidence of us in 10 or 20 thousand years? Even our most notable structures would be unlikely to suvive, look at what they look like after just 10 or 20 years of abandonment, let alone 10 or 20 thousand.

I think that it is very likely that humans were an advanced people before recorded history, and it doesen't even take a natural disaster to wipe them out. Look at the Romans, the were performing surgery, had running water, flushing toilets, mechanical computers and who knows what else, then they collapsed and we fell into the Dark Ages. There are some very big missing holes in our past and many mysteries, they all point to relatively advanced Atlantis-type civiization. One possibility is that the civilization was on the coast of Antartica, which was said to be free of ice around 10,000 years ago, even according to reputable maps of the time (many showed Antartica as an archipeligo). Another possibility that many claim is a "Raman Empire" in present day India, it is claimed that their cities were all coastal and when sea levels rose after the last Ice Age, their cities were flooded and they scattered, it is also claimed by some that they had flying machines and weapons of great destruction. Some of those claims are a bit harder to beleive, but they cannot be discounted entirely. We have only been industrialized for about 250 years, a mere blink in time, we're talking over 10,000-20,000+ years ago. Say that there cultures were 100 years ahead of us before their destruction, and further, they were isolated from the rest of the world, perhaps by choice. What are the chances that we would easily find evidence of their existance 10 or 20 thousand years later, or what are the chances that future civiliations would be able to find evidence of us in 10 or 20 thousand years? Even our most notable structures would be unlikely to suvive, look at what they look like after just 10 or 20 years of abandonment, let alone 10 or 20 thousand.

You make a good point. The Earth has a way of hiding things over a vast period of time. We really dont know exactly when man first walked the earth. Was it 20,000 years ago? 200,000 year ago? How many times have astroids obliterated everything on earth? So when you look at it that way, man could have been very advanced and even achieved flight. We just dont know because we dont know when man first walked the earth. But within a 50 year period man went from horses and buggies to sending man to outer space.

History tends to repeat it self. Just as you mentioned how the Romans had running water and toilet. Thats wat we also have today.

There is evidence to suggest the Pyramids were actually built in 12,500 BC not 2500 BC. And that ancient Egyptians simply took credit for something that already existed and over the hundreds of centuries it became fact when it really wasn't.

we were always told that the other Pyramids thoughout Egypt were created before the Great Pyramid. The explanation is that the earlier pyramids arent as advance and the Egyptians perfected Pyramid building with the Great Pyramid. But it could be the other way around. The Egyptians could have tried to copy the Great Pyramid with the other pyramids. Why is it that the other pyramids are tombs and the Great Pyramid was not a tomb? If it were newer, its should be used as a tomb as well like the others. I wouldn’t be surprised if the Great Pyramid were older than scientist say. There is weathering at the base of the sphinx which reveal the spinx was exposed to a lot of rainfall. The only time there was a lot of rainfall at the Giza Plateua was during the period of 10,500 bc which is far older than scientist say the spinx was built.

Archived