Worst Airport you've been to?

bigboyz05

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

....Gatwick in London (where I've been made to feel like a criminal after so much foolish integration...)

....Atlanta's Hartsfield...is just maddening & too crowded and I hate having to go through this airport at all...thus, I've switched to wonderful Charlotte's DOUGLAS when flying non-direct just to get to South Carolina...

Chicago O'Hare: I've had many a bad experience here in the summer due to incliment weather

Atlanta: So huge, I've had several delays and a couple times running for international flights because the only way between terminals is those stupid trains.

Copenhagen: The only time I flew in there the baggage handlers were on strike (took them 6 days to get my luggage to me in Florence) and they odd layout almost caused my family to miss our flight to Milan.

Rome Fuimuncio: I was there yesterday and it is So dark you check in by gate....and often when you check in you don't know your gate. My entire plane was in one long line checking in because they only had one person checking in our flight to Atlanta

(SWA Terminal) Detroit: This terminal is dark, dingy, the people generally aren't helpful. There is hardly any food and it's just unpleasant.

For foreign airports, Beijing's old airport was probably top of the list for me. Kuala Lumpur also used to have a pretty retched one in the late 90's, but I don't know if they've rebuilt or not.

Domestic: Atlanta, La Guardia

Ryan Airport in Baton Rouge- was atrocious until they did renovations a few years ago. It's much improved now.

Oakland is a dump, but it's a dump that's very easy to use. Low marks for looks- high marks for convenience and ease.

Cd. Juarez- Pretty awful, but I haven't seen it in a long while. Maybe it has improved.

Jakarta- Big and confusing-- had to take a taxi between terminals! Bad layout in general.

Montreal Mirabel (Trudeau) - not one of my favorite airports- possibly improved since renovations have been completed

Cairo- dirty, confusing, hot

Athens- an unforgivable mess

Atlanta is the worst for me. Though the airport itself is fairly well laid out, the people who work there leave a lot to be desired. I even recognized a guy who had been a crack dealer at the apartments I lived in back in college as one of the guys doing security. Very unhelpful service overall.

Atlanta's not my favorite airport, but it is so much of an improvement over what was there that I am almost grateful every time I visit. It's also kind of cool to be able to get a good old greasy breakfast at Paschal's in terminal B (?).

Paris is hands down the worst ever, I've never been so pissed off in my life. I also agree with LaGuardia, but have always had a plesant experience @ ATL. Boston has gotten better than it used to be, so that's off the list.

Wow! Can't see where Atlanta would be on the worst list. Yes it's big and crowded but in the times I've flown in and out, it was very efficient.

You have to fly into the smaller airports or you have to book an off-hour flight to get through any large airport fast.

Akron/ Canton is great. Small and easy.

Narita Int. in Japan. The arrival international terminal was horrible. It looked like an overgrown bomb shelter. Well it was under construction. Also the domestic terminal was smoke filled the carpet felt sticky and there wasn't enough seats for the number of folks there.

Well I forgot about domestic...DFW wasn't that bad. I guess it is because we flew though there so much we got used to it. ATL is big and crowded but it isn't the worst. JFK was the worst fiasco I ever had to deal with. At the time it was going through some major reconstruction. First we couldn't find a parking spot. Second there were no baggage carts to found anywhere. The line just to get inside of the terminal was an hour long. The ticket agents were the nastiest people I have ever dealt with. I don't know if this was the first week of Jet blue service or what but the terminal was dark, trashy it looked like a commuter airline terminal. Last but not least the screen telling you what gates were what didn't work and you had to keep asking people where is what. I hate that airport......

Wow everyone keeps mentioning how confusing D/FW is that makes me kinda nervous cause I'm going to be catching a connecting flight there in a couple weeks and don't know the airport at all! :shok:

As for the worst airport I've been too.....I can't say I have one YET....I've been to a few people have mentioned but have been lucky so far thankfully.

Wow everyone keeps mentioning how confusing D/FW is that makes me kinda nervous cause I'm going to be catching a connecting flight there in a couple weeks and don't know the airport at all! :shok:

As for the worst airport I've been too.....I can't say I have one YET....I've been to a few people have mentioned but have been lucky so far thankfully.

At least you don't have to drive there...that's the most confusing part. As long as your other flight is in the same terminal, though, it shouldn't be too bad.

• 2 weeks later...

I hate Dullas. Everything gets delayed.

Dulles is a nightmare. The Security lines are horrible. There is a lot of construction that is closing off a large area of the tarmac. However, once construction is complete, it should be better. Of course for those who know Dulles, it just means that more construction will take place shortly after the current master plan is complete. Passenger traffic in 2005 was over 27,000,000. United is continuously adding flights at Dulles. Recently, United announced non-stop service to Tokyo Narita, Dusseldorf, and is awaiting approval for non-stop service to Kuwait City. Currently some international carriers have upgraded to larger aircrafts and increased the frequency of flights.

My worst experience was with JFK.

Archived