Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

On 7/10/2019 at 10:15 PM, LA_TN said:

I guess our next airline will be Cape Air. Owensboro, KY recently told Cape Air that they will be retained for EAS (Essential Air Service), but they must add BNA as a destination

This is the thing I have been talking about for years. BNA needs a 'Cape Air' to bring in folks from from places like Owensboro/Evansville, Dyersburg, Bristol, etc. One of the most important things mentioned in this article is the ability to only go through security once. Providers for ORD and ATL require going through security twice - not good for connections 

Cape Air recommended for essential air services contract

Now add Marion, IL along with Owensboro, KY for EAS service to BNA by Cape Air!

http://www.wsiltv.com/story/40885188/veterans-airport-board-recommends-next-air-carrier

Marion-MWA has voted to keep Cape Air over SkyWest and add a Nashville Proposal as well.

In summary, businesses wanted SkyWest to ORD, but the residents voted - almost 2 to 1 - for service to BNA and STL

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Solar panels typically are tilted to face south. These roof panels seems to tilt west, so that might indicate they are not solar. (Just my speculation, with no specific knowledge of the particulars of this project.)

Possibly they are part of the rainwater collection system?     Just speculating 

• Like 1