Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

At what point do they open the express lot back up? Friday at 3pm: Garage 1 is 99% full, garage 2, lot A and lot B are totally full, and lot C is 80% full. They can't make any more money once these fill up, and the parking spot offers an identical experience and is closer. 

• Like 3

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 
In 1937, Berry Field Airport opened with three asphalt runways, a three-story passenger terminal, an observation deck, control tower and served 189,000 passengers for the year. And the price of gas was $0.10 a gallon! :shok: 
#BNACelebrates85Years #FlyNashville✈️

D62368A9-8041-454F-989C-3B99FB9EFC89.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 4

7 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 
In 1937, Berry Field Airport opened with three asphalt runways, a three-story passenger terminal, an observation deck, control tower and served 189,000 passengers for the year. And the price of gas was $0.10 a gallon! :shok: 
#BNACelebrates85Years #FlyNashville✈️

D62368A9-8041-454F-989C-3B99FB9EFC89.jpeg

I wish there was still an observation deck.  I guess the rooftop bar at the airport Hilton will be the closest thing to an observation deck.  I plan on going there and checking it out.  I grew up in Hong Kong which is home to one of the world's great airports.  My brother and I would go hang out at the observation deck at old Kai Tak with a radio our dad bought us that allowed us to listen to the control tower and daydream about being on some of those jumbo jets to exotic locations throughout Asia and pretty much every major city on the planet.  While BNA doesn't have flights to every corner of the globe, it would still be fun to be able to do that.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, markhollin said:

840,258. That’s the number of passengers who passed through the checkpoint at the Nashville International Airport in May — the highest on record yet.

I still say they started this airport expansion too late for this reason lol.

On 6/3/2022 at 10:04 AM, nashville born said:

And without me, it would only have been 840,257.  You're welcome! :lol:

I was 840,257, and boy are my arms tired.  Seriously, got back in late in the afternoon yesterday....wow was it crowded.  Ole Red was hopping.  I hadn't flown since January, and was confused again with the nomenclature changes...FYI the Terminal Garage is now Terminal Garage #2....the wayfinding signage wasn't entirely helpful either.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2022 at 7:42 AM, tragenvol said:

I was 840,257, and boy are my arms tired.  Seriously, got back in late in the afternoon yesterday....wow was it crowded.  Ole Red was hopping.  I hadn't flown since January, and was confused again with the nomenclature changes...FYI the Terminal Garage is now Terminal Garage #2....the wayfinding signage wasn't entirely helpful either.

The building is run by people who are more concerned with being a lifestyle brand than a transit hub. I would bet good money if you raised that in a submission to their website, they would encourage you to follow them on social channels to stay up to date. 

Semi-related, is the plan for the new garage to connect to "garage 1" still on? I seem to recall it being treated like an expansion. Can't imagine the confusion if there were 3 distinct terminal garages.

On 6/6/2022 at 1:38 PM, Chato_reyes said:

The building is run by people who are more concerned with being a lifestyle brand than a transit hub. I would bet good money if you raised that in a submission to their website, they would encourage you to follow them on social channels to stay up to date. 

Semi-related, is the plan for the new garage to connect to "garage 1" still on? I seem to recall it being treated like an expansion. Can't imagine the confusion if there were 3 distinct terminal garages.

The renderings appear to show that the finished terminal garages will be all connected as one. 

• Like 3

Hard to tell what that's a rendering of... the existing A concourse or a new extension of it.  If so, does it currently end at the point where that triangular section is at the bend?   From the angle, I assume it's not the D concourse.

So the satellite concourse is a part of the current phase Vision BNA? 

Edited by MLBrumby

11 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Hard to tell what that's a rendering of... the existing A concourse or a new extension of it.  If so, does it currently end at the point where that triangular section is at the bend?   From the angle, I assume it's not the D concourse.

So the satellite concourse is a part of the current phase Vision BNA? 

That would be the new A concourse. I think it ends around the bend. 

Satellite concourse is part of the current BNA Vision, it will open concurrently with the new international gates / central security screening lanes. 

• Thanks 1