Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Pro Tip-  The Arts District Market is very much not a market, don't hike all the way down there hoping to find much of anything.....

Meel is Concourse C, however, does have some unique stuff for the airport, dare I say even somewhat healthy offerings.  Pricey of course, but so is everything.

• Like 2

Tennessean ripped that off from News Channel 5 I think and they're both wrong. Board docs say they anticipate opening 19 amenity spaces this year (11 already open), can't imagine they open 21 in January 23 alone assuming the other 8 are on track still. Tennessee Rickhouse had some lease and drawing issues but overcame them and construction is projected to start at the end of this month. Also, Titans Sports Bar is in trouble as they have yet to secure licensing from the Titans. 

It will be interesting to see how they handle the migration of TSA equipment to the central gates or if they just overbuy and transfer existing equipment to other airports. They have 2 CT scanners in the general security lanes on the south side I never see on, I guess those are prime candidates to move after the Thanksgiving rush. It's my understanding the South checkpoint will be retrofitted to extend ticket counters and more airside concession space. Have to assume the North checkpoint will be tied in closer to a new concourse A.

Most of the amenity updates are made in the Finance Committee meeting minutes - https://flynashville.com/nashville-airport-authority/leadership at the bottom of the page. Next board meeting is 8/17, at which point July board minutes will be posted.

On 8/10/2022 at 4:02 PM, Melrose said:

Pro Tip-  The Arts District Market is very much not a market, don't hike all the way down there hoping to find much of anything.....

Meel is Concourse C, however, does have some unique stuff for the airport, dare I say even somewhat healthy offerings.  Pricey of course, but so is everything.

What street in Nashville are pre-made espresso cups of curried chicken salad $14? It's preposterous. Them and Barista Parlor need their prices checked or the airport needs to drop the "street pricing" moniker.