Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

This week I picked up a family member; the cell phone parking lot is now at the old Genesco Building on Murfreesboro Rd.  It's 3.5 miles away from the terminal.  Surely this is temporary.  I saw the street wayfinding signage with the address for the cell phone lot (1415 Murfreesboro Pk), and I knew immediately where that was and couldn't believe it.  By the way, Genesco is abandoned; I guess they went remote.  Looks like it could be used for an apocalyptic movie set.  I'm flying out again this week; looking forward to exploring more of the new digs this visit.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tragenvol said:

This week I picked up a family member; the cell phone parking lot is now at the old Genesco Building on Murfreesboro Rd.  It's 3.5 miles away from the terminal.  Surely this is temporary.  I saw the street wayfinding signage with the address for the cell phone lot (1415 Murfreesboro Pk), and I knew immediately where that was and couldn't believe it.  By the way, Genesco is abandoned; I guess they went remote.  Looks like it could be used for an apocalyptic movie set.  I'm flying out again this week; looking forward to exploring more of the new digs this visit.

Genesco is now headquartered in the Highland Ridge Tower on Marriott Drive, off Elm Hill Pike. I believe the building and grounds on Murfreesboro Pike was purchased by the city.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, donNdonelson2 said:

Genesco is now headquartered in the Highland Ridge Tower on Marriott Drive, off Elm Hill Pike. I believe the building and grounds on Murfreesboro Pike was purchased by the city.

The airport purchased these buildings as they are in the path of the future runway extension.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, glamdring269 said:

Once the new (awesome/amazing*) security area opened up they walled off the original D security area. Anyone know what is going on behind those walls?

*Saw my first 'suitcase will not fit in the bin' incident on Friday. I wonder how many of those they deal with per day.

I believe the security area of D will be additional ticketing space. 

I flew out and returned via the A gates, this week. It's still pretty dismal and not a great first impression. Absolutely packed as well, returning yesterday.  The trek to the ride share also needs work.  On the positive side, security worked well and everything, other than  the A wing, is beautiful. 

21 minutes ago, Nash_12South said:

I flew out and returned via the A gates, this week. It's still pretty dismal and not a great first impression. Absolutely packed as well, returning yesterday.  The trek to the ride share also needs work.  On the positive side, security worked well and everything, other than  the A wing, is beautiful. 

I believe the A concourse will get a whole new expansion and makeover after the international gates are open. 

• Like 3