Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

On 5/8/2023 at 4:08 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from Facebook BNA 

NEW RECORD :yahoo: Yesterday (May 7), #BNA hit another record high with 39,745 departing passengers screened through the checkpoint! #FlyNashville

I was there...there were a lot of Swifties flying out.

• Like 1

There was a plan for an LRT line which now seems to be a BRT line. Either way there is still no funding in place other than some money that Cooper is putting into the current budget. Nothing has been decided other than what he just decided in the budget by saying it is a BRT line by his decree, "eyes rolling to the back of my head".  The next mayor and council with the state will have to come up with a plan and thank goodness Cooper will not be involved as the man must dream about buses.

• Like 4

I flew out of BNA for the first time since the new lobby and security areas were completed. Overall I like the changes, but it seems like a failure in design to not include benches after security. I had to sit on the floor to put my shoes back on; however, I know not everyone would be able to do so.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

Looks like we need to spend more money on the airport to handle the increased traffic. Just can't wait to see what happens when the state takes over!

They plan to expand the travel lanes, but they are waiting for completion of the Donelson Pk relocation.

• Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, markhollin said:

The 60 year-old Genesco HQ building (6 stories, 315,000 sq. ft.) at 1415 Murfreesboro Rd. which has been siting empty for 4 years is going to be razed by Nashville International Airport to make way, eventually, for the longer runway. Renascent Demolition will do the work which will take several months.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2023/06/01/genescos-old-nashville-airport-hq-set-for-demolition/70277952007/

Random ruminations:  Genesco had a great cafeteria with a solid salad bar back in the day.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, markhollin said:

The 60 year-old Genesco HQ building (6 stories, 315,000 sq. ft.) at 1415 Murfreesboro Rd. which has been siting empty for 4 years is going to be razed by Nashville International Airport to make way, eventually, for the longer runway. Renascent Demolition will do the work which will take several months.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2023/06/01/genescos-old-nashville-airport-hq-set-for-demolition/70277952007/

Screen Shot 2023-06-02 at 11.04.03 AM.png

That's terrible. This is a great example of mid-20th century suburban office architecture and I wish it could be rehabbed into something else rather than see it demolished. I can't picture not seeing this grand building while traveling on Murfreesboro Road. :tw_bawling:

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Auntie Yock said:

That's terrible. This is a great example of mid-20th century suburban office architecture and I wish it could be rehabbed into something else rather than see it demolished. I can't picture not seeing this grand building while traveling on Murfreesboro Road. :tw_bawling:

Unfortunately, it is in the path of the new runway extension for BNA. I do share your feelings though.

• Like 4