Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

:blush: a ton of 767's , a few 787's, 777's, A new terminal , a new runway, a ton of international

destinations.

:D Boy a nonrev for US can only dream !!!

The expansion includes a completely new 9000 ft. runway, and a rebuilt and extended runway for a total of five runways. Plus, the taxiways will be routed around the perimeters of the runways and through tunnels for uninterrupted taxiing.

Plus, there will be numerous additions to terminals (a whole International terminal with 12 gates), transit, and rental car areas. The total project will cost over $6 billion when completed around 2012.

Y'all, he's either referring to Atlanta's airport (likely), or he's kidding and making fun of Nashville's....he doesn't mean we'll be to 120mm by 2020.

PS I saw a letter to the editor last week from somebody complaining that we're putting in local restaurants in the airport instead of national chains. His reasoning was that if we want to be like a big city, we need big-city chains....right, great plan there.

Y'all, he's either referring to Atlanta's airport (likely), or he's kidding and making fun of Nashville's....he doesn't mean we'll be to 120mm by 2020.

PS I saw a letter to the editor last week from somebody complaining that we're putting in local restaurants in the airport instead of national chains. His reasoning was that if we want to be like a big city, we need big-city chains....right, great plan there.

:rofl: i agree. Apparently this, frankly, JERK, doesnt realize how much we really enjoy our hometown restaraunts. I think it is a brilliant idea, most airports dont have something like that

Haha, wow. That guy is quite possible one of the dumbest people in Nashville. Like, seriously. And this whole conversation that's been going on has been one of the most confusing converstations I've ever had. I don't know what anyone's been talking about.

Edit: And then ATLBrain posts at the same time as me, explaining everything. Wonderful.

Edited by cheeriokid61

• 2 weeks later...

"Big-City chains"? What the hell does that even mean anyway? lol If the guy knew anything about the culinary scene in general he'd know that one goes to big cities to get local, original food. This guy sounds like just another silly suburbanite that is desprate to impress his "big city" peers and thinks being a great city revolves souly around names.

The expansion includes a completely new 9000 ft. runway, and a rebuilt and extended runway for a total of five runways. Plus, the taxiways will be routed around the perimeters of the runways and through tunnels for uninterrupted taxiing.

Plus, there will be numerous additions to terminals (a whole International terminal with 12 gates), transit, and rental car areas. The total project will cost over $6 billion when completed around 2012.

Tunnels??? Tunnels??!!! I would like to see a tunnel big enough to squeeze a jumbo jet through! Thats got to be huge!!! Not to mention alot of earth to move!!

Seriously.....i want to see this! any current progress you could get some pics of?

Tunnels??? Tunnels??!!! I would like to see a tunnel big enough to squeeze a jumbo jet through! Thats got to be huge!!! Not to mention alot of earth to move!!

Seriously.....i want to see this! any current progress you could get some pics of?

Me too! That would be one humongous tunnel probably at least sixty feet high by 250 feet wide. Whoa!

Looks like Southwest is testing out a new market for BNA non-stop. They have been sending a flight to Norfolk, Virginia on Saturdays with the return on Sunday morning. They have been doing this for some time now. I am under the assumption that it may become their 29th non-stop destination from here soon. That would be a great new destination considering all the military ties in this area and the emergence of that market on the national scene. WN is slowly connecting the dots here in Nashville.....

Looks like Southwest is testing out a new market for BNA non-stop. They have been sending a flight to Norfolk, Virginia on Saturdays with the return on Sunday morning. They have been doing this for some time now. I am under the assumption that it may become their 29th non-stop destination from here soon. That would be a great new destination considering all the military ties in this area and the emergence of that market on the national scene. WN is slowly connecting the dots here in Nashville.....

It would be a plus for me. Lots of Navy people in Norfolk use SWA to travel to Jacksonville, New Orleans, and other Navy cities. It would definetly be a plus for Nashville.

^ Agreed. I even made that same point on the forums at Airliners.net recently.

A bit of news:

Frontier is adding a fourth flight this summer to Denver from here in Nashville. They are having considerable success in this market despite Southwest having non-stops to the same market (Denver), and other flights offered by United to Denver. This is good. The rumors are starting to heat up a bit about Frontier wanting to establish a mini-hub or Focus City here in Nashville. Time will tell, but with them adding an extra flight that bodes well in the long run. Of course, having large O&D traffic is a plus too!

One other thing, and this is the most interesting one yet. Alaska Airlines has supposedly got BNA on their radar for expansion. This isn't confirmed yet, but supposedly they are looking at the market and crunching the numbers to see if it would work. This would be a huge steal if we could get them in this market! They fly the new Boeing 737-900's. This is the news from someone close to the company.

Lot's of updates on my PBase pages. Here is a small sample from today while at Smyrna Airport!!!

original.jpg

original.jpg

This bugger is from the Cayman Islands!

original.jpg

Edited by Lexy

Isn't the 747 owned by a televangelist living around Smyrna? My brother flew outta there for Corporate before 9-11 and referenced the 747.

Well, it belongs to a "company" off shore, but a televangelist "leases" it out. The preacher has his church in Akron, Ohio and he seems to have quite the following. Ernest Angley Ministries is the leasee of it (website: http://www.ernestangley.org/). To my knowledge, they just winter the aircraft here to keep it out of the harsh winter elements in the Cleveland area where it's based out of. I believe it is here for about one more month and then it's back to northern Ohio.

Now, around the time your brother flew for Corporate, Atlas Air Lines was using Smyrna as a small base for the mechanical operations. They used to fly their Atlas Cargo 747's into there frequently.

Edited by Lexy

Got some really cool updates on my webpage. I also upped the bandwith on there so that the site can grow here in the future.

Here is some of what I got recently.

Air Canada Embraer E190:

original.jpg

Air Canada Airbus A320:

original.jpg

FedEx and China Airlines at their respective terminals: SCROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

original.jpg

FedEx A310:

original.jpg

Much more can be seen on the website that is linked in my signature line. Enjoy!

Michael

Thanks. I had the day off and just had to take advantage of the little bit of snow we actually had. Very rarely do you see plane pictures from Nashville with snow on the ground. I thought the Air Canada E190 was only fitting for a day like today too! LOL!!!

Thanks. I had the day off and just had to take advantage of the little bit of snow we actually had. Very rarely do you see plane pictures from Nashville with snow on the ground. I thought the Air Canada E190 was only fitting for a day like today too! LOL!!!

I agree, Air Canada, how appropraite, from TN north for the next several days, we just need twisted airlines or something tornado related. Sad situation, but welcome to an El Nino winter.