Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

They fly three times a week down there from here and that's the only flight to Mexico they offer. There is some speculation that a couple of new Mexican flights are in the works for BNA from Frontier but nothing concrete yet.

Thanks for the info. I certainly hope they decide to add more flights to Mexico. I just may try one of the Cancun flights during the next year.

• 2 weeks later...

I want to encourage anyone that reads this thread and uses the airport to write letters to the MNAA Board about expanded air service. Get a hold of your Council Members and let them know your feelings about it.

Edited by Lexy

I want to encourage anyone that reads this thread and uses the airport to write letters to the MNAA Board about expanded air service. Get a hold of your Council Members and let them know your feelings about it.

Can you elaborate? What's the issue here? I'd love to have more flights, but will writing the Airport Board change that?

(note- don't take that as confrontational, I just meant it in a questioning way)

Can you elaborate? What's the issue here? I'd love to have more flights, but will writing the Airport Board change that?

(note- don't take that as confrontational, I just meant it in a questioning way)

It absolutely will help in the long run. There's no issue, but there IS a lack of effort on the part of the board to aggrsively find and lure potential carriers and routes to this airport. The MNAA has been known around Nashville as being a very pompous group with little to show that they are doing anything out of the ordinary to benefit this city. i guess they just need a wakeup call.

Edited by Lexy

When it rains, it pours I suppose. Yesterday saw storms develop in the Atlanta region in the afternoon. With that means diversions galoure as their international flights are primarily arriving in the evening. Nashville got a couple from the mix, most went to Knoxville, but a couple stopped here for some rest and fuel as they waited for their release's to go to Atlanta. Here they are.

"Delta 557 Heavy" from Cincinnati. A Boeing 767-332.

original.jpg

This is the cool one!

"Delta 115 Heavy" from Barcelona, Spain. A Boeing 767-432ER!

original.jpg

Allegiant Air MD-83 was a scheduled charter for the day.

original.jpg

Say hello to the friendly flightcrew!

original.jpg

just found out I would be flying from raleigh to new orleans for a conference and I was hoping they would book my flight on one of the southwest ones that connects in nashville (usually 2 out of 4 or so connect in nashville between raleigh and new orleans)...but unfortunately they chose the orlando one on the way and tampa bay on the way back

...so much for me getting a chance to see the renovation work

Lexy, I'm amazed at how much information/access you have at the airport. I wouldn't mind doing a viewing some day with you. I am moving back to Nashville around memorial day weekend/May 26th. I'm in Chicago right now, but sometime this summer I wouldn't mind doing some photo snapping at the airport as aviation has always interested me.

Lexy, I'm amazed at how much information/access you have at the airport. I wouldn't mind doing a viewing some day with you. I am moving back to Nashville around memorial day weekend/May 26th. I'm in Chicago right now, but sometime this summer I wouldn't mind doing some photo snapping at the airport as aviation has always interested me.

Heckles, is that you? Man, long time no see! Hey, anytime is good for me on the weekends. I would be delighted to have you out at the airport observation lot with me. You just let me know when is a good time and we'll go from there.

Hey Lexy,

Heard any rumors about Japan Air coming to Nashville. Someone mentioned that to me and I thought maybe they confused it with Air China Cargo.

Would be impossible unless they had someone who codeshares with them hub here. There just isn't enough O&D to support flights on a 747 between here and Tokyo yet. Now their cargo airline is a totally different story. That is possible, much more possible, if someone chooses them to be their international carrier. If that's the case, they would utilize their 747-400's in a cargo configuration much like China Airlines already does.

Edited by Lexy

• 3 weeks later...

It has been a VERY busy week out at the airport this week. We have had all kinds of things to talk about as far as operations are concerned. Here is a rundown of specials that we have had. Kingfisher Airlines Airbus A319, UPS MD-11, JetBlue Airbus A320, Upgrade on US Airways afternoon flight to a A319 and a Embraer 175. Not to mention, there is a special charter tomorrow (Thursday) with Evergreen Airlines on a Boeing 747. Insane to put it lightly.

Here are the pictures and a little story about the Kingfisher Airlines jet. It's REALLY special to this area!

Kingfisher Airlines Airbus A319 Corporate Jet. This is an airline in India. This aircraft is the owners jet. Dr. Vijay Mallya owns this airline in India along with United Breweries in Europe and he is also big in Formula 1 racing. He is in town for something this week. It was an absolute pleasure to get on board this plane. Scroll down and you'll see why.

original.jpg

The interior is stunning!

original.jpg

UPS MD-11 Diversion from Louisville.

original.jpg

JetBlue Airbus A320.

original.jpg

US Airways new upgrade in service.

original.jpg

Evergreen 747 pics are coming tomorrow!!!!!!!!

Edited by Lexy

I am sooo jealous! I want a plane like that. Get a nice double shot of patron at your own private bar and then watch the sun strike some nimbus clouds at sunset. I just flew in and out on a CRJ (mesa airlines) at BNA. Very little of the terminal was tore up. You can see how they took away some concrete walls for the security consolidation. The way we fly and travel is changing. Little regional jets seem to be the current standard. On Mesa Airlines, (United Express), they didn't even offer pretzels/peanuts with the drink cart. Do they think cutbacks in customer service will save them money and increase passenger traffic? They couldn't even keep their in flight magazine in stock. What a crock.

I am sooo jealous! I want a plane like that. Get a nice double shot of patron at your own private bar and then watch the sun strike some nimbus clouds at sunset. I just flew in and out on a CRJ (mesa airlines) at BNA. Very little of the terminal was tore up. You can see how they took away some concrete walls for the security consolidation. The way we fly and travel is changing. Little regional jets seem to be the current standard. On Mesa Airlines, (United Express), they didn't even offer pretzels/peanuts with the drink cart. Do they think cutbacks in customer service will save them money and increase passenger traffic? They couldn't even keep their in flight magazine in stock. What a crock.

Well the answer to your "question" lies in who you flew with. Mesa isn't exactly the best regional to fly on unfortunatly.

Well the answer to your "question" lies in who you flew with. Mesa isn't exactly the best regional to fly on unfortunatly.

agreed. A lot of people in the industry refer to Mesa as the Wal-Mart of airlines just because they undercut a lot of the other regionals. Nice pics, Lexy. When did JetBlue upgrade service to an A320? I think I'm going to fly from BNA to Boston on JetBlue (via JFK). I'm excited either way, tho.

btw, i heard that BNA will be one of the airports Northwest will fly its new CRJ-900s into (from MSP). It won't get rid of all mainline, tho, so it's good news. In fact, the new CRJ is supposed to be incredibly nice, so that should be cool.

agreed. A lot of people in the industry refer to Mesa as the Wal-Mart of airlines just because they undercut a lot of the other regionals. Nice pics, Lexy. When did JetBlue upgrade service to an A320? I think I'm going to fly from BNA to Boston on JetBlue (via JFK). I'm excited either way, tho.

btw, i heard that BNA will be one of the airports Northwest will fly its new CRJ-900s into (from MSP). It won't get rid of all mainline, tho, so it's good news. In fact, the new CRJ is supposed to be incredibly nice, so that should be cool.

Thanks NB. JetBlue still does the E190's to BNA. I am assuming the A320 was a mechanical sub. and not a scheduled a/c for the route. I may be wrong, the CMA Music Fest is going on this weekend and that has a large draw from New York.

I have a contact on the ramp that works for NWA and he has said that the CRJ-900's are a possiblity to suplement the current mainline service on NW. He was saying that NW was increasing the number of seats out of BNA with the CRJ's. Sounds great to me because NW carries most of our travlers going to Asia and Japan from BNA.

As promised Evergreen International Airlines is here in town for a special charter today. They are leaving around 5:30am on Friday, but arrived this afternoon here in Nashville. Here are a couple of samples from their arrival with a link to a gallery on my site dedicated just to Evergreen. Enjoy and if you like what you see, let me know!

Evergreen 596 Heavy arriving on 20 Left from Anchorage.

original.jpg

original.jpg

All the pics can be found here: http://www.pbase.com/lexyky/evergreen_

sounds good. I know Northwest execs were in town this week for a conference downtown about Japanese/TN relations...granted, there could have just been a lot of hot air floating around, but it would be nice to see a flight to Tokyo and then start 757s on NW running BNA-MEM haha...short flight, but o well. i know compass is operating the CRJ-900s at first, so I would guess they would fly BNA-MSP initially just because compass seems to be focused on MSP right now. I think the BNA-MEM routes are all mainline, so I hope that doesn't change. or, like you said, if anything, they just tack on another flight with a CRJ-900 or ERJ-175.

ah, well...I've wanted to try the ERJs with JetBlue anyway. maybe i'll head up on a busy weekend when an A320 does a Nashville run haha