Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I noticed there now is a non-stop flight to Salt Lake City. That's new. I always thought there should be non-stop Nashville - Salt Lake City service. Does anyone know which airline is offering that flight?

I did a little research and answered my own question. Skywest Airlines (affliated with Delta) is now offering non-stop service between Nashville and Salt Lake City. This is great news!

Direct just means that you can stay on the same plane flying from Nashville to the destination even though the plane will stop in an intermediate city, most likely a hub.

Non-Stop means exactly what it says. You fly from Nashville to your destination Non-Stop.

Until now, they have never flown into this airport. They just finished construction on their terminal a couple of months ago. Which leads me to this.....

FedEx, welcome to Nashville, Tennessee my friends. Here is the newest fleet to service Nashville waiting for the first load. An Airbus A300 and an Airbus A310.

65937178.WOeAFhfV.afedexairbus1.jpg

From today.

BTW, I got a new camera and I have some sick, I mean SICK, shots from the airport today. Keep up to date on my website for the pics.

www.pbase.com/lexyky/nashville_international_airport

Thank you. It's really easy once you learn the routes and their arrival-departure times. I also have the aid of flight software at home and a flight book from the airport to help me. Of course, my scanner helps too so I can hear the Air Traffic Controllers talking to the pilots.

You will love your flight on the Embraer 190. It's like a flying video game man. Very sleek, modern, and smooth. I love those jets!!!

Here you go guys....LOL!!!

65938951.9QrgfPnA.asky5a.jpg

Is that new? Unless I'm imagining things, a few months ago there was a "Memphis is Better Than Nashville Because We Have News Helicopters and Nashville Doesn't Thread." Really intelligent arguments with that one, if I'm not mistaken!

Is that new? Unless I'm imagining things, a few months ago there was a "Memphis is Better Than Nashville Because We Have News Helicopters and Nashville Doesn't Thread." Really intelligent arguments with that one, if I'm not mistaken!

Now now NB, don't turn this into a Memphis vs. Nashville thread :D Don't really remember that thread going that way though but lets just let it go...

Edited by Bears

Now now NB, don't turn this into a Memphis vs. Nashville thread :D Don't really remember that thread going that way though but lets just let it go...

no no no...i wasn't trying to do that, I was just wondering if it was a new chopper b/c i think i remember reading an absurd thread a few months ago about how memphis was at an advantage b/c nashville didn't have news helicopters...so I thought that it had to be new...not trying to start a fight!

The President will be in town tomorrow, so expect delays on the roads in the afternoon. I know when he is "suppose" to get here roughly, but I won't make it public for obvious reaosns. But I plan to atleast try to photograph Air Force 1 in flight from my work. It will be hard, but I will try.

Also, this is my personal best Frontier picture so far. I snapped it yesterday and have had some trouble getting it on PBase for some reason.

afrontierjaguar.jpg

LOL!! I couldn't believe it either. BNA SWAT team was right next to me and my friend Jim. I got a bunch of FedEx shots from walking around them and form the top of the old tower there as well. Even got some close ups of a C-17 Globemaster on the cargo ramp. My friend from the airport took me and another fellow BNA photo group member out on the cargo ramp before AF 1 took off to shoot some FedEx and C-17 shots. I'll post them soon.

Edited by Lexy

Great news on the JetBlue front. It seems they are interested in maintaining a rather large maintenance facility with a Nashville company. This would be great for an airline that just started service today!!! :D

Here's the article

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...NESS01/60831006

Great news on the JetBlue front. It seems they are interested in maintaining a rather large maintenance facility with a Nashville company. This would be great for an airline that just started service today!!! :D

Here's the article

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...NESS01/60831006

Very good news. I didn't know that Nashvilee had an Embraer maintenance facility. It definitely an up and coming aircraft company. At McKee Foods where I work, we purchased an Embraer jet as a company business aircraft. It's fantastic....a great airplane.

Embraer has been here for a few years now. It is their only, or the second, North American Maintenance facility. That is one reason you see some bizzare jets fly into here form time to time.

In other words, Nashville would become a maintenance hub for Jet Blue. How sweet is that!!!!

Edited by Lexy