Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

A couple of things to be looking out for in the near future is the renovations getting into full swing and also a new flight from US Airways on an Airbus A319. It is their new flight to Las Vegas from here non-stop. So that should be interesting to see the response. That gets started at the end of October.

Also, if you haven't been in a while, you should check out my website. Not only do I have a selection of Air Force One pics, but I have added some FedEx cargo ramp shots that are quite nice and a bunch more throughout the gallery including, but not limited to, China Airlines Cargo.

If you got a minute, you should check it out and tell me what you think.

Link: www.pbase.com/lexyky/nashville_international_airport

Edited by Lexy

These are now to become the largest passenger jets flying into and out of nashville. The Delta Airlines Boeing 757-200 has replaced an MD-88 route to Atlanta from here. As has the newer Boeing 737-800 for Delta. They will be flying three a day 737-800's into here and once a day 757-200 service into here, both from Atlanta. This is awesome news!!!

Here is the 757-200 from today at the airport.

adelta757c.jpg

adelta757d.jpg

adelta757rotating1.jpg

adelta757a.jpg

adelta757banking1.jpg

Edited by Lexy

Did American fly MD-11s out of BNA when it was a hub? IF so how many and to where? I assume the old LGW flight was on a 767.

No, they never flew them out of here. But the LGW flight was a 767.

Metro, thanks a lot. It is still a work in progress, but it is working out very nicely.....so far. LOL!!!

Yes, behind it is FedEx A300, and then the Delta 757, and behind them is the BAX Global DC-8, and then the Delta and American 737-800's. Then after those is the various Airbus A319's and 320's and 737-700's and lower.

Edited by Lexy

I flew AA from here to Jackson Wyoming. From here to Dallas was a MD 80. But from Dallas and to Chicago to and from Jackson was a 757. It is a great aircraft and wonderful performer, especially for the high power take offs from Jackson that have to be made. I really wish AA would start flying the 757 in and out of here. The MD 80 fleet seems to be getting a little age on them. Hey Lexy, do you know when they went into service?

I flew AA from here to Jackson Wyoming. From here to Dallas was a MD 80. But from Dallas and to Chicago to and from Jackson was a 757. It is a great aircraft and wonderful performer, especially for the high power take offs from Jackson that have to be made. I really wish AA would start flying the 757 in and out of here. The MD 80 fleet seems to be getting a little age on them. Hey Lexy, do you know when they went into service?

Ahhhhh....it depends on the birds. Some of the DC-9's that come into here for NWA are over 30 years old, as are some of the AA MD-80's. Most were built in the mid to late 70's and the early 80's though. Still, they are dinosaurs that NEED to be replaced badly. American could EASILY fill a 757, or two of them, here if they truely wanted to. Problem is, they love to overbook flights so that it gives them more of a profit at airports. I do know that AA is starting to retire their MD-80's, but I haven't the foggiest clue what is replacing them once they are gone.

I have to post this for everyone to see.

This is what having Embraer here in Nashville will do for ya if your a spotter like me.

66820953.YgsSVnsd.abrazilairforce1.jpg

Yep. That is the Brazilian Air Force right here in Nashville. AND, its a new model for that aircraft. A VC-99C is what that is, not a VC-99B. This was a really, really cool sight to see here!!

Well two reason stand out, actually four reasons. One is the the proximity to Fort Campbell. When things and events shut down their runway, everything that would normally fly into there comes here instead. Two. Nashville has a Air National Guard base that is part of the Air Force Reserves. Three. Nashville is close to the Air Force Research Base in Tullahoma, Tennessee. So any deliveries and such come here instead of using the small strip at their base. And four, Nashville is typically a re-fueling stop on cross-country missions. It is a convienent airport where they (the USAF) can get in and refuel, stretch a bit, and then head out on the rest of their mission. I hope that answers your question. There are other more "important" reasons, but I really don't feel comfortable putting them on the net. And that basically has to do with the all-white USAF 757's that fly in to here periodically. Ones like the one pictured above and this one spotted here recently.

64719748.0cZi1Tle.jpg

Here is a highlight of the recent updates on it. Two pictures that are truely cool!

Nashville Predators Charter jet. Midwest Airlines MD-81.

67009171.DJb7sYMR.amidwestmd80panoramic1SHARPENED.jpg

Delta Air Lines Boeing 757 flight 1790 to Atlanta.

67012581.KVte4EGq.jpg

Edited by Lexy

Airport Construction Update!!!

FedEx has already outgrown their new facility. Word is they are expanding their capabilities here and will be adding both onto their sorting building here and to their parking slots on their apron here. Going from three parking positions to seven within the next year or two. The cargo apron is also about to be expanded down rwy. 13-31 on both sides with large terminals built for more cargo capabilites. This will be huge! Also, Delta continues to see high PAX numbers on their new 757 service here. US Airways is also introducing a A319 to service here for their Las Vegas flights and I believe their Philly flights. I can see 10 million PAX by the end of THIS YEAR here which is a new record and a very, very positive sign. As our city grows, so will our airport and its offereings.

Boeing 757-200

original.jpg

Boeing 767-300

original.jpg

Edited by Lexy