Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

2 hours ago, DDIG said:

Has anyone flown at BNA recently since the shut down? Longer lines than normal? Is Pre-Check still open? I'm flying next week.

I flew out last week with no issues, going or returning. Lots of staff at the 4 airports I flew through and no real lines. 

Having said all that, I think it is getting a little worse daily as more staff get fed up with  the current situation. I wouldn't be surprised if some kind of  organized slow down occurs. 

5 hours ago, DDIG said:

Has anyone flown at BNA recently since the shut down? Longer lines than normal? Is Pre-Check still open? I'm flying next week.

Have flown out and in twice in last two weeks for trips to Idaho and Africa.  TSA PreCheck was open both times, and moved quickly. There were longer lines than normal going through customs in Newark, NJ, though.  

• Like 1

Just returned from trips through Miami and Washington Reagan and there did appear to be some slower issues with connections, mostly due to the Air Traffic Controller issues in the Northeast.  There were no issues in Nashville, but again the terminal appeared to be extremely busy and all of the flights to and from Nashville were totally full  with a long list of standbys.  I now also think we were lucky to NOT have an American Airlines hub as their routings/connections are poorly organized and we saw delays twice related to their own staffing, pilots and support personnel having to be pulled because of too many hours.....how can that happen?  They also have some VERY short windows for connections that make no sense especially in Miami where going from one concourse to another can take an extremely long time with no moving sidewalks, at least between D and E.  

Edited by GreenHillsBoy
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, GreenHillsBoy said:

Just returned from trips through Miami and Washington Reagan and there did appear to be some slower issues with connections, mostly due to the Air Traffic Controller issues in the Northeast.  There were no issues in Nashville, but again the terminal appeared to be extremely busy and all of the flights to and from Nashville were totally full  with a long list of standbys.  I now also think we were lucky to NOT have an American Airlines hub as their routings/connections are poorly organized and we saw delays twice related to their own staffing, pilots and support personnel having to be pulled because of too many hours.....how can that happen?  They also have some VERY short windows for connections that make no sense especially in Miami where going from one concourse to another can take an extremely long time with no moving sidewalks, at least between D and E.  

FAA mandates for flight crews and also likely union contract guidelines. 

This will be amazing and a huge improvement over BNA's current offerings!      My first thought was "when?"      The headline and first paragraph of the Tennessean article leads you to believe this is happening "now" or "soon", but when you look at the diagrams, this is clearly after the terminal and concourse renovations happen.     For example, the food court at the bend in Concourse C is completely redesigned in the rendering.        The answer is further down in the article: "over the next four years as the airport is renovated."    I'm sure it will roll out in phases.  

Now arriving at the Nashville airport: New local restaurants, retail coming to BNA

Nashville's airport will soon feature dozens of popular local restaurants and retail shops as part of a multi-million-dollar overhaul set to bring in Biscuit Love, Prince's Hot Chicken Shack, Acme Feed & Seed and scores of other new businesses. 

The businesses are expected to open over the next four years as the airport is renovated.

• Like 1

Wow! Those are going to be great options to eat. 

Maybe this should be taken to the CH, but as they show 4 N'ville hot chix places, I'd like to know what the posters here think of how they compare. I have only ever gone to Prince's just a handful of times and Party Fowl. Specifically, these at BNA. Opinions? 

And for some reason, I thought 400 Degrees and Bajo Sexto went out of biz. Am I wrong? 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 1

Thanks! LOL.. didn't want to say anything before but I did get a little sick after eating Party Fowl. It was only once, but it tasted like it was cooked in bacon grease. I don't drink much beer... so it could have been the three beers I had with it. You know, cooling the mouth and all that. 

• Haha 1

With all the food and retail options planned, I wonder how many passengers are just making connections thru Nashville and not flying in to see the city. After all, Southwest Airlines has over half the passengers coming to Nashville and so with all the hoopla over passenger growth in recent years can anyone tell me what percentage of passengers are just passing thru? From the looks of the concessions it could be a lot.

Adding such a wide offering of retail,concessions, restaurants and amenities with direct links to Nashville is a smart move by German firm FRAPORT who is managing this effort.  With the full BNA Vision and expansion of the airport now fully underway, passenger growth will only continue to grow and the new space/gates/parking/hotel/offices will be needed.  

Southwest Airlines is increasingly adding flights and also connections at BNA, moving several flights and destinations from Atlanta to BNA.  This is among the reasons behind SWA’s  addition of 5 daily flights to ATL, finally breaking Delta’s expensive monopoly on that route.  Yes, many more connecting passengers are using BNA,  and growth will continue. Also, BNA’s local origination and estimation (O&D) passenger traffic is also quite impressive.  

Growth at BNA mirrors the booming growth happening in Nashville and across the region. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

It will be interesting to see what effect this has on additional traffic. If BNA knocks this out of the park and the restaurants and pricing are a huge success then it would make sense to see Southwest send more of its connecting traffic through BNA than a place like Midway or STL. 

I know if I didn’t live in Nashville I’d sure as hell want to connect through BNA now. 

• Like 2