Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

5 minutes ago, claya91 said:

Anyone have an idea how the tickets will compare to the connecting flights? 

Comparable, $3,044 versus $3,048 for economy.

Now since American is a OneWorld Alliance member with BA, we may see more AA flights and/or adding larger planes to existing route, or mainlining some American Eagle routes to accommodate potential connecting passengers.

• Like 3

Interesting take on the announcement from a British newspaper. The Mirror article also mentions that tickets are already available on the BA website for £749 round-trip from London  (about $930). Haven't checked the BA site for roundtrup fares from here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/usa-long-haul/british-airways-launches-new-route-10950001

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

Comparable, $3,044 versus $3,048 for economy.

Now since American is a OneWorld Alliance member with BA, we may see more AA flights and/or adding larger planes to existing route, or mainlining some American Eagle routes to accommodate potential connecting passengers.

Hopefully that'll help eventually entice fellow OneWorld member Japan Airlines :)

5 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Interesting take on the announcement from a British newspaper. The Mirror article also mentions that tickets are already available on the BA website for £749 round-trip from London  (about $930). Haven't checked the BA site for roundtrup fares from here.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/travel/usa-long-haul/british-airways-launches-new-route-10950001

I find it interesting that they refer to the flight as a "coup" for the airline, and not Nashville. Like they're amazed no one has offered a direct from Europe to Nashville yet. Feels good!

• Like 3

Ha, and this BA price (to Nashville) is quoted with flight AND 7-night hotel! for £713

BA flight + Hotel

47 minutes ago, Flatrock said:

Edited by Guest

11 minutes ago, Lexy said:

Yeah, I'm at AA.

I'm hearing there's some strong possibility with Amsterdam on Delta.  I don't know how true that is, but this was confirmed by some interesting info I can't really talk about right now.  Also, there's a good possibility we could see another international airline here.  Time will tell!

Ooh, I hope you're right.    Delta partners with KLM, so the Amsterdam connection would open up access to Europe, Africa and beyond.    Couple that with AA and BA and we are suddenly not so "land locked". 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, CenterHill said:

Ooh, I hope you're right.    Delta partners with KLM, so the Amsterdam connection would open up access to Europe, Africa and beyond.    Couple that with AA and BA and we are suddenly not so "land locked". 

Personally, I hope it's right too!  AMS is a big hub for SkyTeam Alliance and like you said, DL and KLM/Air France are HUGE there offering a number of destinations from there with considerable ease.

• Like 1

Let's not forget Tokyo!  What I wouldn't give for a JAL flight to Tokyo.  With JAL a partner with AA and BA, I wonder if that would be a possibility.  Even if it's just 3-4 days a week.

As a Frenchie, I of course would rather see a flight to CDG instead of AMS.  But I certainly wouldn't sneeze at a nonstop to AMS.  I still think Nashville is ripe for one of Europe's budget airlines like Condor or Norwegian.

• Like 1