Lexy

Nashville International Airport

Recommended Posts


Actually RDU Raleigh Durham has a nonstop flight to Paris and has for years.  It did have help at first but now it is doing good.  Lots of European biotech companies in the Triangle and remember the consolidated Raleigh Durham area has over 2 million people. Sometimes cities have to jump start foreign flights for sure but London is a far bigger hub and source of transatlantic business. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, AUNash said:

So do I read the article correctly to mean that they will use a 747?

That's totally a typo. It'll be a 787-8. BA doesn't fly the 748 (they briefly leased a cargo version), but they have the largest fleet of 747-400s. It's way too big for Nashville, though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of 747s, I saw one take off out of BNA yesterday morning around 10 and fly directly over downtown. I didn't recognize the tail markings, but it was definitely cargo of some sort. 

Anyone know why it was in town?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Every once in a while cargo airlines like Kalitta Air, Volga-Dneiper, or Atlas Air will do one-off stops in Nashville with 747's or An-124's. I'm assuming they have something to do with construction equipment or some other heavy cargo that doesn't require regular service. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Speaking of 747s, I saw one take off out of BNA yesterday morning around 10 and fly directly over downtown. I didn't recognize the tail markings, but it was definitely cargo of some sort. 

Anyone know why it was in town?

I understand it was a 747-400 from Bahrain. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Horse farm in northern Williamson County? When I lived in Lexington there were regularly middle eastern princes flying into LEX with their big jets to visit their horse farms around central Kentucky.  Middle Eastern royalty love their horses. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

 

 

He is really good friends with a band that lives in Nashville. Visited them several times and ended up liking Nashville a lot.

NashvilleObserver, you're our new official Urbanplanet Middle Eastern Royalty Liaison, responsible for any and all tidbits of Nashville-centric news involving Gulf royals. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Today I was walking back to my dorm in London and I saw a Thomas cook holidays store with a sign advertising holidays to "Nashville and the Deep South". For those who aren't familiar, Thomas cook is a holiday company based in Britain and provides package holidays to many destinations across the world. Most of these destinations are served by their airline, Thomas Cook airways, via holiday charter flights (although they are much more reliable). This may mean that Nashville could be a holiday destination on Thomas cook in the near future, although it also could mean otherwise. In any case this is good news for tourism purposes that they are advertising Nashville as a holiday destination. Just a heads up from across the pond :)

Did ParkAve move to London or is Binbin his/her spawn?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Today I was walking back to my dorm in London and I saw a Thomas cook holidays store with a sign advertising holidays to "Nashville and the Deep South". For those who aren't familiar, Thomas cook is a holiday company based in Britain and provides package holidays to many destinations across the world. Most of these destinations are served by their airline, Thomas Cook airways, via holiday charter flights (although they are much more reliable). This may mean that Nashville could be a holiday destination on Thomas cook in the near future, although it also could mean otherwise. In any case this is good news for tourism purposes that they are advertising Nashville as a holiday destination. Just a heads up from across the pond :)

The term "Deep South" always makes me cringe a little.  I can't help but think of the 1860's when I hear that term. :tw_grimace:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, titanhog said:

The term "Deep South" always makes me cringe a little.  I can't help but think of the 1860's when I hear that term. :tw_grimace:

It also annoys me when they refer to Nashville as the Deep South. Can't tell if Thomas Cook means Nashville -along with- the Deep South, or if they're listing Nashville as part of the Deep South. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.