Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

1 hour ago, Pdt2f said:

How likely do you think Anchorage is? Would that be an AS flight if it happened?

To be honest, I have no idea... it's probably fairly unlikely given the relatively small population of Anchorage I suppose.  I'm not even sure there is much of a demand for such a flight, but it doesn't seem like too much of a long shot with Alaska Airlines in the fold, right?

Edited by BnaBreaker

26 minutes ago, BnaBreaker said:

To be honest, I have no idea... it's probably fairly unlikely given the relatively small population of Anchorage I suppose.  I'm not even sure there is much of a demand for such a flight, but it doesn't seem like too much of a long shot with Alaska Airlines in the fold, right?

Alaska Airlines is based in Seattle, not Anchorage.  It is highly unlikely that there will ever be a nonstop flight to Anchorage unless BNA were to become a hub again.  Nashville is 4,000 miles from Anchorage  (same distance as BNA is to London) which would require a pretty large capacity plane, and I just don't think there's enough O/D demand for something like that.  In fact, looking at flights out of ANC, the only cities in the central and eastern time zones with nonstop flights to ANC are major hubs:

• Atlanta
  • Chicago-O'Hare
  • Dallas-Ft Worth
  • Houston-Intercontinental
  • Minneapolis-St Paul
  • Newark
Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agreed, as most of the flights to Jackson Hole are from major hubs, Chicago, Dallas, Denver. Same case with Bozeman. Very seasonal and no business travel.

Seattle is the location to  fly into if going to Alaska, as most people either fly in to Anchorage or take a cruse from the NW to AK.

The transfer through Seattle to is not all that bad. Flying into SeaTac on my way to Anchorage, I got an incredible view of Mount Rainier  bathed in a red glow from the evening sunset on the left side of the plane and a beautiful view of the Olympic Mountains (also on the left) upon take off.

Didn't take a picture ...d'oh!  :tw_frown:

• Like 4

Of the two, I hope it's Spirit, too.  For one thing, I like that Spirit flies into regular airports instead of the secondary ones (ie, Tampa International instead of St Pete-Clearwater, Orlando International instead of Sanford, etc.   Spirit also flies to quite a few locations in the Caribbean and Latin America.

Spirit Airlines Route Map

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1

I would prefer spirit over Allegiant I think. I still view Allegiant as just for leisure, while I view spirit as being leisure and business. That being said, either one will provide nice downward pressure on prices in Nashville, and I’ll welcome either one.

I am shopping for BNA-DEN tix for my family and of course looking for best price. SWA and Frontier both came up with Frontier slightly cheaper. I've never flown them; has anyone here? They're nonstops and the departure/arrivals are pretty much the same. I know this is a little of the topic of the BNA, but should I go with Frontier? 

33 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I am shopping for BNA-DEN tix for my family and of course looking for best price. SWA and Frontier both came up with Frontier slightly cheaper. I've never flown them; has anyone here? They're nonstops and the departure/arrivals are pretty much the same. I know this is a little of the topic of the BNA, but should I go with Frontier? 

Southwest has more leg room, like 32 inches of pitch I think. Plus the two free checked bags and free carryon. So it probably depends, if you’d like more comfort and you have a lot of luggage WN is the pick, if you just have some hand luggage and don’t really care about having a lot of room Frontier is worth a look. 

I would prefer Spirit but I think adding 5 flights in one announcement is a bit much for them. It fits Allegiant more: 5 routes that run 1-3 times weekly on a seasonal basis. Probably Florida, maybe Las Vegas and Myrtle Beach. 

• Like 1

the article specifically mentions 5 'new ' domestic destinations ..."bringing five new domestic destinations to Nashville, will be announced Wednesday. "

so it will be an interesting announcement.

57 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

the article specifically mentions 5 'new ' domestic destinations ..."bringing five new domestic destinations to Nashville, will be announced Wednesday. "

so it will be an interesting announcement.

That also says Allegiant to me, unless it’s just the idiotic misuse of the English language that many reporters use these days. Flying to a lot of secondary airports (already mentioned by others - St. Pete, Sanford, Mesa, etc) would mean that technically they are “new” destinations. Heck, maybe they’re seeing a golden opportunity to make some big money and they’re starting a BNA-PDX flight? ;) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

I’ve flown Frontier to Denver many times.  It’s often the lowest fare.    It’s pretty no frills and everything is an extra charge.    Thinnest seats I’ve ever seen.   But it’s reliable and direct to Denver.  

• Like 1