Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Does the airport show statistics on what the average fill rate is for each flight? Or maybe that would be done by each airline? I don't fly often but over the past 2 years I don't think I have been on one flight that wasn't sold out. It could be the cities I have been flying to (Dallas, Charlotte, ATL, etc), so I wasn't sure if most flights were like this? It seems like maybe 5-10 years ago it wasn't as common for my flight to be full. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

Does the airport show statistics on what the average fill rate is for each flight? Or maybe that would be done by each airline? I don't fly often but over the past 2 years I don't think I have been on one flight that wasn't sold out. It could be the cities I have been flying to (Dallas, Charlotte, ATL, etc), so I wasn't sure if most flights were like this? It seems like maybe 5-10 years ago it wasn't as common for my flight to be full. 

My flight last night from JFK to Nashville was booked solid and even overbooked.  I came close to volunteering to spend the night in NYC and get a voucher from Delta.  Anyway, my experience has been the same as yours.  I can't remember the last time I've flown in or out of BNA that the flight wasn't full.  For that matter, even the inside of BNA has been busy.  It wasn't that long ago that the BNA corridors often seemed eerily empty.

By the way, it was nice to land at BNA last night and see that British Airways plane on the tarmac.   It'll be fun to also see WOW/Norwegian/Icelandair sometime in the (hopefully) near future.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 3

52 minutes ago, bigeasy said:

http://www.aviationdb.com/Aviation/F4SDetailQuery.shtm#SUBMIT

You can find load factors and total amounts of passengers and seats here. It’s not incredibly user friendly and typically the international numbers take forever to update but it’s something. 

The last flight I was on that wasn’t brimming full was an AA CRJ-200 from DCA in May ‘16 that was about 60% full. Every other flight I’ve been on since then has been stuffed to the gills. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Another all-time record smashed, by 8% this time (compared to June 2017)

May 2018 Top Passenger Month in BNA History

1,418,316 total passengers for May 2018

**AS COMPARED TO**
2017 May - 1,248,151 - 13.6% increase
2017 June - 1,314,069 - 7.9% increase (previous all-time record)

On Monday, June 11, (the day after CMA Fest and Bonnaroo) 25,261 departing passengers were screened at BNA, a slight increase from the comparable Monday in 2017, and just short of the one-day record of 25,795 screened passengers set on May 6, 2018.

Man, what the hell was up with that random early May Sunday?! What a weird day to set a pax record. 

Biiiiiig numbers for May. Really impressive growth. I really think WN is missing a great opportunity to bump us up to 125-140 flights a day. The demand is there. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, memphian said:

Ooh this will be a nice terminal [D]. How many gates?

4 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

^ Looks like 7 new gates. 

I think it’s actually 6 gates. The new IAB will have 5 new gates, but concourses B and C are losing 3 gates each. So the total net gate increase for BNA vision is 5, which I believe is way too low. I think they’ll announce an expansion of B or A pretty soon after this is done. 

• Like 4

Notice in the first pic that the gate is labeled T5 rather than D5. Maybe this pic is not from the D expansion and is instead one of the new IAB gates?
I think it’s actually 6 gates. The new IAB will have 5 new gates, but concourses B and C are losing 3 gates each. So the total net gate increase for BNA vision is 5, which I believe is way too low. I think they’ll announce an expansion of B or A pretty soon after this is done. 

Which further expansion would be more likely?

10 hours ago, AUNash said:

Notice in the first pic that the gate is labeled T5 rather than D5. Maybe this pic is not from the D expansion and is instead one of the new IAB gates?

Which further expansion would be more likely?

Not sure, I’ve only heard rumors that may or may not be even close to accurate. It seems like it would make sense to add a wing to B to make it almost a mirror image of C, and it seems much more possible now with the apron expansion and the filling in of the “hole,” but I don’t know if that would affect operations around A too much. They could also dogleg A or add another wing to it, and I think adding a wing to A would offer much less disruption to operations in the rest of the airport or on the apron. Plenty of options for expansion, it’s just figuring out where makes the most sense and offers the least disruption for the most benefit. 

12 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

I think it is NOW the busiest "midsize" airport, having passed St. Louis but I haven't seen anything official. I think BNA STL & HOU are all in there at the top of their tier. 

Have we passed St. Louis? I hadn’t seen anything about that. Awesome if we have! I would also include AUS in that grouping. They’re only slightly behind us in pax numbers. 

9 hours ago, Pdt2f said:

Have we passed St. Louis? I hadn’t seen anything about that. Awesome if we have! I would also include AUS in that grouping. They’re only slightly behind us in pax numbers. 

According to data for the year 2016, St. Louis is one spot ahead of us. I could see this happening by now.

https://www.aci-na.org/north-america-airport-rankings

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

BNA express park is awesome, and cheap. 

I am sure it is, but I tend to park Long Term A for quickness. Haven't flown out in a couple of weeks but I picked up a friend at the airport Tuesday and noticed Short-Term(my backup) and Long Term A were completely full. 

• Like 1