Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

Tokyo and Paris would look nice on that list.

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Yes they would!  And so would Montréal, Vancouver, Amsterdam, Reykjavik, Frankfurt, Mexico City...

I would say Reykjavik is probable, Frankfurt is possible (with Condor, not Lufthansa), Tokyo is 5-10 years away from being a slight possibility, and Paris and Amsterdam are unlikely with Air France-KLM’s close partner Delta running 10+ flights a day to Atlanta from BNA. Mexico City won’t happen until their new airport is done. I think the Canadian cities could totally work though if a Canadian airline decides to run the routes. Canadian landing fees are prohibitively high for an airline like Southwest and no American legacy carrier is going to run those routes from BNA. 

• Like 3

On ‎6‎/‎28‎/‎2018 at 12:48 PM, e-dub said:

I know it doesn't work for everyone, but the 18 to the airport is $1.60 one way and it's changed my life, lol.

Ditto, not as sexy as a monorail, but easy to find, dirt cheap and whisks you downtown in a matter of minutes. Only drawback is frequency. But since the schedule is uniform, you just time your departure accordingly.

• 4 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

Not at all. BNA hinted in the Facebook post that it is a new airline.

Thinking it could be WOW, Icelandair, Condor, or maybe even Aer Lingus. 

Spirit is a player, too. I think them and Sun Country are the only major American domestic airlines that don’t service BNA. 

The Facebook post lists a sky picture overlaid with a question mark. In the comments The Airports says it will give one hint: A New Airline

Speculation on the board is a 1/2 dozen new direct destinations will also be announced...Spirit seems to be the consensus.

9 minutes ago, Pdt2f said:

Doesn’t southwest have a schedule expansion soon though? I don’t have Facebook, how was it hinted that it was new service?

Edited by Guest

Guys speaking of the airport I am in it right now (just arrived back in nashville to see family) and it is completely packed. There are literally no more gates in the B concourse and the British airways flight deplaning is just making it more crowded here. 

I am also really excited for the new announcement but I’m confused as to where the new airline will even go here haha.

• Like 2

Hopefully it will be another European destination— Iceland (Icelandair or Wow), or Frankfurt (Condor).  

BNA’s facilities are stretched right now, not enough gates, baggage claim, check in counters.  The completion of those many BNA Vision construction projects are needed ASAP.  

Th e load factors for the LHR-BNA route were just reported by British Airways as very strong. 

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

Guys speaking of the airport I am in it right now (just arrived back in nashville to see family) and it is completely packed. There are literally no more gates in the B concourse and the British airways flight deplaning is just making it more crowded here. 

I am also really excited for the new announcement but I’m confused as to where the new airline will even go here haha.

Welcome home!

3 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

These are domstic destinations from what I understand. 

Then it’s Spirit, most likely. Nobody else would offer that many destinations if they’re not already serving BNA. I’m guessing LAS, FLL, DTW, DFW, and maybe MCO. 

1 hour ago, Binbin98 said:

I have heard on aviation forums that this is actually an international carrier due to groundwork persons saying so or something. But I’ll wait and see.

I know what you’re talking about but it seems a little thin. I think it if was a non-Canadian international carrier they’d build it up a bit more. Hopefully I’m wrong. Haha watch them roll out another boutique air location.