Lexy

Nashville International Airport

52 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

As for the concessions in the terminal, I think they could use more options.  While I like the local flavor and the live music, I must admit that sitting at a gate between two musical acts was a bit annoying.  What I found interesting was the number of other travelers who felt the music was too loud and somewhat intrusive.  Quite honestly, there shouldn't be any sounds that compete against the airlines and or the airport making announcements.  We noticed as we walked past Tootsie's you couldn't hear the announcements coming over the PA system because of the live performer.   If Nashville wants live music in the airport, it probably should be limited to areas where there are no gates.  Some airports have shopping and dinning in a central area with additional dinning and newsstands in the concourses.  Nashville airport needs a common central area with multiple shops, dinning and service venues.  That should be the area where they have live music.  I would love to see an airport terminal similar to Orlando's in Nashville.  They have a large central area that is full of shops, restaurants and other specialty stores.  From a concessions perspective I think Nashville should visit Houston Intercontinental Airport.  They have a good variety of dinning options and most are now on a system where you order and pay using a tablet that is mounted at the table or at all the bar seats.   

I have noticed this as well. The other thing that really gets to my girlfriend and I are the hours. We tend to do the last flight out, first flight in type of flights due to costs, but the problem is all the dining options close at 9pm!!! Sometimes our flights dont leave until 10 or 11 so there are literally zero options for snacks, drinks, food or reading material once you get inside the terminal. If we want a true, solid international hub those need to improve as well.

• Like 1

I have to say that when I returned to Nashville Tuesday night (around 9pm), the baggage claim was a tirefire inside a dumpster on a trainwreck. A bunch of flights landed at once, and they kept changing which carousel each arriving flight was supposed to use. I think mine got changed 3 times. I noticed several others did, too. There was a mass of humanity and confusion, and it was hard to get close to the carousels because there were 500+ people running around trying to figure out where their luggage was coming out. And because of the confusion, the belts filled up and slowed down bag distribution.

It was a logistical nightmare and a total clownshow. Embarrassing. If we're going to try to handle 15-20 million passengers, the airport better get their Schiano together and create a better system. I don't know if that day was an outlier, but I'm leaning towards no.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, UTgrad09 said:

I have to say that when I returned to Nashville Tuesday night (around 9pm), the baggage claim was a tirefire inside a dumpster on a trainwreck. A bunch of flights landed at once, and they kept changing which carousel each arriving flight was supposed to use. I think mine got changed 3 times. I noticed several others did, too. There was a mass of humanity and confusion, and it was hard to get close to the carousels because there were 500+ people running around trying to figure out where their luggage was coming out. And because of the confusion, the belts filled up and slowed down bag distribution.

It was a logistical nightmare and a total clownshow. Embarrassing. If we're going to try to handle 15-20 million passengers, the airport better get their Schiano together and create a better system. I don't know if that day was an outlier, but I'm leaning towards no.

I’ve flown into town maybe 15 times this year and never had a problem getting my bag almost immediately. Baggage claim isn’t pretty, but it gets the job done. I’m sure it will be even better in 5 years. Most importantly: never had a lost piece of luggage at BNA(coming or going) in maybe 150 flights!

• Like 4

I have heard from a family friend who is a pilot for american airlines that due to the engine issues with british airways, BA will temporarily pull out of nashville in october. HOWEVER american airlines will continue to operate the route until february or march, dont know what type of plane though. I think eventually BA will go daily in the summer here for sure and 5x a week in the winter as well. I see just too much demand already (remember that demand can build over time) for them not to.

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

I have heard from a family friend who is a pilot for american airlines that due to the engine issues with british airways, BA will temporarily pull out of nashville in october. HOWEVER american airlines will continue to operate the route until february or march, dont know what type of plane though. I think eventually BA will go daily in the summer here for sure and 5x a week in the winter as well. I see just too much demand already (remember that demand can build over time) for them not to.

BA has had engine issues with those Rolls Royce engines on their 787’s. I’m wondering what kind of metal AA will put on the route if this is true. They could use a 767 or a 777 even. Maybe an a330. I’d figure they’d want to use their 787’s on more premium routes. 

4 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

Is this issue just with BA?? Seems like it would be on all 787s? Speaking of... I saw this plane sailing over East Nashville yesterday as it was coming in. It was so large and moving so slow. Was a pretty cool sight to see the flight from London landing in Nashville. 

Also... I've been seeing this historic type plane circling Nashville recently. It was over downtown last week, and then over 12 South a few days ago. Maybe a B-15 or B-17? Does anyone know what it is or why it is here? Its pretty cool whatever it is. 

nashvilleplane.jpg

nashvilleplane2.jpg

• Like 2

5 hours ago, NashvilleObserver said:

Is this issue just with BA?? Seems like it would be on all 787s? Speaking of... I saw this plane sailing over East Nashville yesterday as it was coming in. It was so large and moving so slow. Was a pretty cool sight to see the flight from London landing in Nashville. 

Also... I've been seeing this historic type plane circling Nashville recently. It was over downtown last week, and then over 12 South a few days ago. Maybe a B-15 or B-17? Does anyone know what it is or why it is here? Its pretty cool whatever it is.

Purchasers can decide to use a number of engines for their aircraft, so even if the RR engines are having issues other users who chose to use GE engines are not. BA typically prefers Rolls Royce engines, for commonality, ease and proximity in getting them repaired (RR being a UK-based company), and as some allege political/economic reasons. 

I’ve noticed that antique aircraft too! I wonder what it’s doing here. Looks like an old B-17, but I’m not an expert.