Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Oprah is one of the richest and most well-known women on earth, why does she need more recognition? What has she done for Nashville's community recently other than be famous? This is silly.

If being rich and/or famous is the measuring stick, why don't we just name it Bezos International Airport then? He's the richest on earth and his company just brought 5,000 jobs to Nashville.

Edited by SoundScan
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, nashville_bound said:

This councilwoman exemplifies how to grandstand without actually doing thg he hard work of representing the people who voted you in office....a disgrace. 

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/12/11/oprah-g-winfrey-nashville-international-airport-councilwoman-seeks-name-change/2277156002/

Disgrace is an understatement.  Had Oprah stayed in Nashville, maybe I'd warm up to the idea of flying out of "Oprah Airport" but she bolted Nashville for Chicago and never looked back.  And is it not enough that now we have Oprah frozen pizza and mashed potatoes?  If Oprah is aware of this proposal, I hope she makes a statement of thanks-but-no-thanks.   Besides, I can think of a dozen other Nashvillians who probably deserve the honor more than Oprah.  I mean, even Al Gore would probably be a more appropriate name for our international airport considering his service and his Nobel Peace Prize.  And I don't even like Al Gore.

Edited by jmtunafish
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

As a person who frequently flies BA from london this is a HUGE deal. They only have around 18 planes so allotting one to the Nashville route after making it daily so quickly is a great indicator of the route’s apparent success. Nashville will join other 787-9 destinations such as Atlanta, Abu Dhabi, tokyo, shanghai, mumbai, seoul, mexico city, los angeles, santiago chile, toronto, cairo etc.. which are clearly internationally known destinations.

Same here. This is a big deal, if not entirely unexpected. I imagine they think there will be a drop in economy demand with daily service, so plan on making up the profit margin with the significantly more profitable premium seats.

• Like 1

This is awesome news.  The BA 787-8 should be banned from the skies.  I’m glad we’re getting the 9 but of course that means our good fortune likely becomes someone else’s future torture.  Sorry... whoever you are.

(FYI: this is specific to those poor souls who might have to sit in a non-bulkhead Econ seat.)

Edited by glamdring269

3 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

This is awesome news.  The BA 787-8 should be banned from the skies.  I’m glad we’re getting the 9 but of course that means our good fortune likely becomes someone else’s future torture.  Sorry... whoever you are.

(FYI: this is specific to those poor souls who might have to sit in a non-bulkhead Econ seat.)

Economy (World Traveller) on a BA 787-9 is exactly the same as on a BA 787-8.   Same seats, legroom, food and service. 

Premium economy on any airline is always a much  better choice. IMO American Airlines has a better premium economy offering than British Airways.   Both have separate cabin areas, but American offers upgraded food/beverage service, where BA serves the same economy class food to both.  I find the flight attendants to be much friendlier on American or Delta compared to the generally stodgy, inflexible BA staff.  I will always try to avoid United Airlines.  

Premium economy fares are definitely higher, but far less than business class. The most important factor for comfort is choosing one of the advanced new aircraft like the Boeing 787 or Airbus A350, regardless of the airline. 

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 1

On 12/15/2018 at 11:34 AM, dxfret said:

Economy (World Traveller) on a BA 787-9 is exactly the same as on a BA 787-8

My fault. For some reason I thought they didn’t have those ridiculous entertainment boxes (aka torture boxes) in the floor space of the 787-9.  Definitely the worst Econ experience I’ve ever had to deal with.  Of course the positive to this change is more availability of their premium economy product.

Edited by glamdring269

BA’s premium economy is worth the money IMO.  We took the nonstop to LHR and sat in the premium economy seats and were very pleased. I have take. Domestic business/first class on delta and it was equivalent in terms of the size of seats and legroom while the food was better. 

• Like 3