Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

4 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Just spitballing with a glance 10 years into the future: Where would a second terminal fit at BNA? Or just another concourse?  It seems a bit penned in with the parking structures and proximity to runways.   

It would likely have to displace some of the buildings off Hangar Lane. I think there's a possibility to expand off Concourse A that would provide maybe 6 more gates. Once the hole is filled in, that might allow B to expand, as well.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mr_Bond said:

^^^  That looks like some type of large scale sound reduction on the side!  Do any of you audio experts have an opinion about the purpose and effectiveness of this?

That is just cosmetic. That is parking on the other side. The office portion is on top of the garage, and does not extend into levels below

6 hours ago, dmillsphoto said:

It would likely have to displace some of the buildings off Hangar Lane. I think there's a possibility to expand off Concourse A that would provide maybe 6 more gates. Once the hole is filled in, that might allow B to expand, as well.

I remember seeing some older plans for a second terminal that would be on the other side of what is now Donelson Pike on the far side of whatever that runway is over there.

12 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

I remember seeing some older plans for a second terminal that would be on the other side of what is now Donelson Pike on the far side of whatever that runway is over there.

I would build a new terminal where the old one was from the early 60's to 1987. Then I would put what is there now (Fedex, Embraer,etc) where you're talking about. That would relieve some of the traffic congestion on that side.

2 hours ago, LA_TN said:

These are the numbers through NOVEMBER 2018

Enplaned Passengers (Total Boardings)

RANK RANK
    CY 2018   NOV     2018 2017
--- --------- ------- ---- ----
PDX 9,128,322 798,806  30   30
DAL 7,460,438 689,501  31   31
BNA 7,338,089 702,094  32   33
AUS 7,275,616 681,549  33   34
STL 7,192,426 664,459  34   32
HOU 6,629,545 640,637  35   35

**AUS and BNA have passed STL this year

Where did you find this spreadsheet? Seems like my kind of resource!

Also, with as gate-limited DAL is, I wouldn’t be surprised to see us pass them within a year or two. 

Edited by Pdt2f
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

New Orleans put their new terminal directly across all the runways from their existing 1960s terminal.  I believe they will disuse their current terminal when new one is complete. 

Not sure about that.  The new terminal only has around 28 gates. 

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

F*** that training since no heads up was given. I've seen too many videos now of people working in downtown offices literally terrified. 

Maybe I've been desensitized by carrier deployments and living at the end of a runway at NAS Oceana, but I'd think seeing a C-17 flying around was cool.

• Like 2

I mean, why would you not notify the public of this crap? I'm 13 years, and counting, Navy and would've damn well expected some sort of public notice of a big ass C17 flying below 3k ft above the most densely populated area of the entire metro area and in vicinity of skyscrapers. I can almost guarantee someone is going to at least get a written warning for this f**kery. Then again, it is the Army Nat'l Guard after all, not the brightest bunch. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

I mean, why would you not notify the public of this crap? I'm 13 years, and counting, Navy and would've damn well expected some sort of public notice of a big ass C17 flying below 3k ft above the most densely populated area of the entire metro area and in vicinity of skyscrapers. I can almost guarantee someone is going to at least get a written warning for this f**kery. Then again, it is the Army Nat'l Guard after all, not the brightest bunch. 

Air National Guard. ;)

But yeah, it is a little surprising that there wasn't an announcement. Though I still don't get the fuss I was seeing from Channel 4 and 5.