Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I’m so confused with that number. Does he know something we don’t know or does he have his head in the sand? Flights have continued to be added and airlines have been up-gauging. Is it reasonable to think that several years of absolute growth of >1 million passenger is suddenly going to stop sometime in the middle of this year and remain flat for the next four years? Or is this some type of marketing charade that will have them sticking with the 2023 projection until we bust through it in 2019 to big fanfare?  Maybe he knows that the US will enter a recession in Q3 and we’ll see two years of passenger declines before we get on a growth  trajectory again. 

Something simply doesn’t add up. 

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 1

I just read his comments again. He does say they anticipate “more than 17 million passengers” by 2023.  So I guess he is technically correct. We will have more than 17 million passengers. Maybe he’s afraid to overestimate and then look foolish when we don’t quite hit a projection. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

And for some reason, I thought 400 Degrees and Bajo Sexto went out of biz. Am I wrong? 

There is a Bajo Sexto location at the Country Music Hall of Fame Museum which operates a limited restaurant operation while the full service restaurant in Sylvan Park closed last year.  While a little expensive for a taco shop I was very disappointed in the closure of that location. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, e-dub said:

Just left Emmy Squared and it hit me...

There are two Emmy's Squareds in NYC, we'll eventually have two locations... and nowhere else in the country. If you haven't been, it really is that good. Best Detroit style pizza I've had outside of the D and that damned burger really is good. Even if it's "just" a tarted-up Big Mac.

Maybe my opinion doesn't hold much weight here since I'm not a born and bred Chicagoan, but I'll take Detroit style pie over Chicago style anyday of the week.  

1 hour ago, BnaBreaker said:

Maybe my opinion doesn't hold much weight here since I'm not a born and bred Chicagoan, but I'll take Detroit style pie over Chicago style anyday of the week.  

I have a friend in Chicago who would stab you in the eye for saying that.  So...I won't introduce you guys. :D

• Haha 1

On 2/1/2019 at 4:50 PM, MLBrumby said:

And for some reason, I thought 400 Degrees and Bajo Sexto went out of biz. Am I wrong? 

400 degrees never closed; Aqui has just changed locations a couple of times. She left the third and peabody location a couple of years ago when she bought a building in Bordeaux. She has been running out of a food truck in the parking lot during a long remodel but opened up the inside last year. They have beer on tap now and are located next to the Auto Zone. As far as hot chicken: prince's, 400 degrees, and bolton's are the only hot chicken places in town. The rest . . .  is wrong.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On ‎2‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 7:13 PM, e-dub said:

Just left Emmy Squared and it hit me...

There are two Emmy's Squareds in NYC, we'll eventually have two locations... and nowhere else in the country. If you haven't been, it really is that good. Best Detroit style pizza I've had outside of the D and that damned burger really is good. Even if it's "just" a tarted-up Big Mac.

They probably have my favorite pizza in Nashville. .Their Colony pizza (pepperoni, pickled jalapeños, & honey) is incredible!! I also prefer that style over others. I would eat at Emmy Squared before 5 Points any day of the week. (I probably just triggered some people)

• Like 1

On 2/1/2019 at 5:47 PM, PruneTracy said:

PruneTracy's Hot Taeks Chicken Power Rankings

OG Tier

1. Prince's

2. 400 Degrees

tourists plz gtfo Tier

3. Hattie B's

This Presentation Is All Wrong and What the Hell is an Aioli Tier

4. Puckett's

5. ACME

6. Ole Red

Your Hot Chicken Is Bad and You Should Feel Bad Tier

7. Party Fowl

LOL Putting Hot Sauce on Chicken Doesn't Make It Hot Chicken Tier

8. Popeye's

What about Pepperfire??

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

I actually really like Party Fowl,  i sit at the bar, get hot tenders, and they have great Fries.   one reason I like it better than the others because it is a regular restaurant with servers and a bar. instead of counter service.

Man, they do have fantastic fries!

On 2/1/2019 at 5:47 PM, PruneTracy said:

PruneTracy's Hot Taeks Chicken Power Rankings

OG Tier

1. Prince's

2. 400 Degrees

tourists plz gtfo Tier

3. Hattie B's

This Presentation Is All Wrong and What the Hell is an Aioli Tier

4. Puckett's

5. ACME

6. Ole Red

Your Hot Chicken Is Bad and You Should Feel Bad Tier

7. Party Fowl

LOL Putting Hot Sauce on Chicken Doesn't Make It Hot Chicken Tier

8. Popeye's

This is almost exactly right. I would add Bolton's to the OG Tier (which I assume means "oh god!"). I've always thought Hattie B's was just an upstart that ought to go back to Franklin and Party Fowl has a pretty cool name, but still, another prtender  :)

David

26 minutes ago, jdavidf said:

This is almost exactly right. I would add Bolton's to the OG Tier (which I assume means "oh god!"). I've always thought Hattie B's was just an upstart that ought to go back to Franklin and Party Fowl has a pretty cool name, but still, another prtender  :)

David

I think there is a big difference in quality between Hattie B's and Party Fowl.

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Airport, Feb 9, 2019, I-40:Rt. 255 interchange, render 2.png

Please focus on this rendering. This is the correct design that will be implemented

The Donelson Pike Relocation project and the Terminal Access Roadway Improvements project will both start in 2020 and conclude in 2023

FB_IMG_1546152824680.thumb.jpg.4a1b2e79ba3d9256367ff2ab0d324fe0.jpg

FB_IMG_1546152822084.thumb.jpg.60570be288c0b70fd8f86f3b7b0463c1.jpg

Edited by LA_TN
  • Like 3