Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

7 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

This particular frame caught my eye.  Is this a building being designed by a Nashville architectural firm for somewhere else?

I screengrabbed it at the same time as you did but realized the page kicked over and you posted first.

I hope that's for Miami. But I had the same question...

• Like 1

All I am hoping is that this rebranding means they are getting their act together on really expanding the airport and getting new international and to a lesser extent domestic flights. I’m hoping as well that by 2020 they will release a part 2 or something to their BNA vision because they really are going to start to need it with the way things seem to be going here. I did see more expansions and a new terminal was proposed in their master plan, but they should start making plans for that to happen in the near future, not in like 30 years or something lmao!

Guys the capacity on the flight to london in the summer was well over 90%! This also was before any of the major corporate relocations/expansions were announced later in the year!! The corporate stuff will basically guarantee the flight will do well in the winter, but I definitely see more International flights on BNA’s horizon with all these companies moving in and due to a growing tourism scene.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, PruneTracy said:

Random thoughts:

1. They should go back to Berry Field, it has a nice old-timey feel to it
  2. I thought the old piano keys logo, while super 90s, was more personalized to Nashville (but be honest, who else knew that's what it was?)
  3. Rebranding the entire airport authority as BNA kind of puts out Tune Airport, doesn't it?
  1. No, please don't. 
  2. I never realized that because it was WAY too subtle to even notice. Plus, getting away from plain blue and white is something DFW did recently, partly because the color palate is very common and the old logo was dead similar to SFO's current one.
  3. How so? Nobody, unless you're either an aviation enthusiast, general aviation pilot, or work in the local area have ever even heard of John C. Tune. 
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

All I am hoping is that this rebranding means they are getting their act together on really expanding the airport and getting new international and to a lesser extent domestic flights. I’m hoping as well that by 2020 they will release a part 2 or something to their BNA vision because they really are going to start to need it with the way things seem to be going here. I did see more expansions and a new terminal was proposed in their master plan, but they should start making plans for that to happen in the near future, not in like 30 years or something lmao!

Guys the capacity on the flight to london in the summer was well over 90%! This also was before any of the major corporate relocations/expansions were announced later in the year!! The corporate stuff will basically guarantee the flight will do well in the winter, but I definitely see more International flights on BNA’s horizon with all these companies moving in and due to a growing tourism scene.

This visual rebranding has little to do with expanding the airport’s facilities or getting more new flights.  While it’s not directly related to the BNA Vision, a new logo and rebranding were badly needed. The old logo was dated and overdue for a refresh which is what this effort is all about.  Longer-term infrastructure planning beyond what’s  been announced in BNA Vision is already well underway.  

Yes, the British Airways flight is doing well but faces a challenge filling both First Class and Club World cabins when the aircraft is upgraded to the Boeing 787-9 and operates daily beginning next month.  Corporate accounts can help fill those premium seats, but they alone do not guarantee anything unless subsidies are involved.  Given Nashville’s growth and global popularity as a leisure destination, the LHR flight should continue to be a very strong performer for British Airways year-round, especially in economy.  Cargo is also a big revenue source on this flight. The next international flights at BNA will hopefully be to Frankfurt (Condor) or Amsterdam (Delta) as both of those airports are far superior to London Heathrow (LHR) for onward connections

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

This particular frame caught my eye.  Is this a building being designed by a Nashville architectural firm for somewhere else?

image.thumb.png.59f654e6bc7f5ac9a08643eccbc7d50b.png

That's probably just a really elaborate water bottle that lady brought to the meeting.  lol

• Haha 3

40 minutes ago, leggy77 said:

Well we can mark off WOW Airlines out of Iceland as a possible future international airline for the airport. https://wowair.com/travel-alert/

Oh, the writing has been all over the damn walls for quite some time. It was just surprising it took up to the cusp of starting Q2 of 2019 to finally go belly up. They had a highly unsustainable business model and if folks expected them to truly succeed continuing it, those folks are truly dumb. Norwegian is a carrier that has a similar business model, granted maybe not as drastic, but is probably looking over their shoulder a little bit today. 

I would think Iceland Air, Norwegian, and other smaller LCCs are worried they're going to get caught up in this.  All the people who had purchased tickets are now out all that money, and I would think this would push people toward those more established carriers.  Thank goodness BNA pursued BA and not WOW or another like them.

6 minutes ago, Hey_Hey said:

I would think Iceland Air, Norwegian, and other smaller LCCs are worried they're going to get caught up in this.  All the people who had purchased tickets are now out all that money, and I would think this would push people toward those more established carriers.  Thank goodness BNA pursued BA and not WOW or another like them.

At least Icelandair is an actual established, flag carrier for a country. They lowered their fares in order to try and compete with a now failed airline. 

• Like 2

I feel that the only reason why BNA had not seen another international flight been added since the London one is because the airport literally is not big enough to handle another one. There are only like 1-2 international gates, and this summer there will be daily flights to england and canada and weekly charter flights to the carribbean/mexico. That is a lot for only two gates lol. 

• Like 3