Jump to content

Nashville International Airport


Lexy

Recommended Posts


3 hours ago, nativetenn said:
I would be surprised if a BNA-AMS direct is added via Delta because an ATL-AMS Delta direct flight already exists.


They also do Tampa and Orlando to Amsterdam as well. Obviously the latter is THE vacation destination but Tampa added by Delta was seen as a surprise.

BNA could pull it off easily I’d say.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by NashRugger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, NashRugger said:


They also do Tampa and Orlando to Amsterdam as well. Obviously the former is THE vacation destination but Tampa added by Delta was seen as a surprise.

BNA could pull it off easily I’d say.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope so! That would be an awesome direct.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, nativetenn said:

I hope so! That would be an awesome direct.

Why I feel a Delta flight to Amsterdam from BNA could work even with ATL nearby is that Dutch companies such as Philips and now AkzoNobel amongst others are either expanding here or relocating their North American Headquarters here, which will provide some business travel on the route. AkzoNobel actually mentioned that they were excited for the airport expansion at BNA to be done, which feels like to me they also anticipate a direct flight to their home in Amsterdam happening sometime soon. Plus many onward connections are possible from Schiphol and it is an easy airport to navigate.

I feel like a seasonal flight to Frankfurt would work because of tourism in Nashville mainly. German tourists could not only visit Nashville but also use it as a jumping off point to explore the deep south/southeast (such as Memphis, Smoky Mountains, Gulf Coast etc..) AllianceBernstein might need to use the flight due to them being in the financial sector, but personally I don’t see enough German companies/companies with German ties in Nashville to make this route year round, at least now. Plus Fraport is investing in BNA lol.

I have reasons behind why these flights would likely work in my opinion. I don’t really see any other European flights from Nashville besides these working but what I have learned is you never know what the future holds in this city lol. Of course these flights can only happen if BNA finishes its freaking expansion soon lol.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Binbin98, lol, haha!   The many components of of Nashville Intl Airport’s expansion will required several years as outlined in the BNA Vision plan.  This is a huge and complex project that must be carefully staged so that the airport can smoothly function during all aspects of construction.  Lol, haha!

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/31/2019 at 2:56 AM, Binbin98 said:

Tomorrow/Today (I’m in the UK currently) British Airways flights to Nashville from London will increase to daily and switch to a 787-9. Although there was a dropoff in passenger numbers this winter, I believe with the arrival of all these businesses and Amazon into Nashville they will begin to fill up more and more year round. Also cargo is really profitable so that is good. I hope and predict that Condor to Frankfurt and/or Delta to Amsterdam will come next.

I really hope this daily service brings down prices a bit, or at least makes it easier to get a ticket. Every time I look to fly direct from LHR it seems to be booked up!

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites


10 hours ago, dxfret said:

Binbin98, lol, haha!   The many components of of Nashville Intl Airport’s expansion will required several years as outlined in the BNA Vision plan.  This is a huge and complex project that must be carefully staged so that the airport can smoothly function during all aspects of construction.  Lol, haha!

Some shade thrown at Binbin's usage of "lol"

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, nativetenn said:

I would be surprised if a BNA-AMS direct is added via Delta because an ATL-AMS Delta direct flight already exists.

Why would that matter?  Delta offers nonstops to Paris from both Cincinnati and Indianapolis even though they're only 100 miles apart.  BNA is 250 miles from ATL.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, jmtunafish said:

Why would that matter?  Delta offers nonstops to Paris from both Cincinnati and Indianapolis even though they're only 100 miles apart.  BNA is 250 miles from ATL.

Wow, Indy and Cincinnati both have flights to Paris? I don't know much about the airline industry, but it sure seems like the Nashville of today should have a similar flight at least before BOTH indy and cincy have them. 

 

Edit: Along they same line you are talking about, Indy is much closer to Chicago than Nashville is to Atlanta right? 

Edited by Craiger
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Craiger said:

Wow, Indy and Cincinnati both have flights to Paris? I don't know much about the airline industry, but it sure seems like the Nashville of today should have a similar flight at least before BOTH indy and cincy have them. 

 

Edit: Along they same line you are talking about, Indy is much closer to Chicago than Nashville is to Atlanta right? 

Indianapolis is closer to Chicago than Nashville is to Atlanta, but Chicago isn't a Delta hub.  However, Detroit is, and Indy is about as far from Detroit as Nashville is to Atlanta.  I'm puzzled, too, why Delta put a nonstop to Paris out of Indy before Nashville.   BNA is much busier than IND:  16 million vs. 9.4 million annual passengers.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Why would that matter?  Delta offers nonstops to Paris from both Cincinnati and Indianapolis even though they're only 100 miles apart.  BNA is 250 miles from ATL.

Good point; I speculated that, because of Delta's existing hub in Atlanta, it would be redundant to add another direct from Nashville if so many of their connection flights go through Atlanta anyway. I didn't know both Indy and Cincy have directs to Paris... That's honestly shocking to me.

I think Nashville can support a direct to Amsterdam, but the point of my comment is that I would be surprised if Delta ends up being the one to provide that service. Considering what you have said, it seems a lot more reasonable now. I confess I know very little about airline services as I do not fly often (the last time I flew was when I returned from Germany in July 2016).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Any chance that one of the foreign carriers underserved between one of the European hubs (Paris, Frankfurt, Berlin, Amsterdam, etc.) and BNA would (or could) strike up an alliance with Southwest, with their large presence in Nashville, like BA has done with LHR? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 minutes ago, nativetenn said:

Good point; I speculated that, because of Delta's existing hub in Atlanta, it would be redundant to add another direct from Nashville if so many of their connection flights go through Atlanta anyway. I didn't know both Indy and Cincy have directs to Paris... That's honestly shocking to me.

I think Nashville can support a direct to Amsterdam, but the point of my comment is that I would be surprised if Delta ends up being the one to provide that service. Considering what you have said, it seems a lot more reasonable now. I confess I know very little about airline services as I do not fly often (the last time I flew was when I returned from Germany in July 2016).

I'm a former Delta employee, and my dad was an executive at good ol' Eastern Airlines (he jumped ship, so to speak, before it went under, thank goodness), so I grew up flying all over the place and being heavily immersed in that domain.  However, I still don't understand the airline industry, either.  You are not alone.  :)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, jmtunafish said:

Indianapolis is closer to Chicago than Nashville is to Atlanta, but Chicago isn't a Delta hub.  However, Detroit is, and Indy is about as far from Detroit as Nashville is to Atlanta.  I'm puzzled, too, why Delta put a nonstop to Paris out of Indy before Nashville.   BNA is much busier than IND:  16 million vs. 9.4 million annual passengers.

It's because Indy is paying big money to have that Paris flight there.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, NashRugger said:

$5.5 mil to be exact.

Do you know if CVG is also paying DL to keep its CDG nonstop?  Ever since Delta de-hubbed Cincinnati, CVG has lost its nonstops to London, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Zurich, Rome, and Brussels, but it still has that nonstop to Paris.  At 16 million passengers, BNA is about the size of IND and CVG combined (18 million).  And is that $5.5 million pretty much the going rate?  I wonder how much RDU is paying DL for its nonstop to Paris.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, jmtunafish said:

Do you know if CVG is also paying DL to keep its CDG nonstop?  Ever since Delta de-hubbed Cincinnati, CVG has lost its nonstops to London, Frankfurt, Munich, Amsterdam, Zurich, Rome, and Brussels, but it still has that nonstop to Paris.  At 16 million passengers, BNA is about the size of IND and CVG combined (18 million).  And is that $5.5 million pretty much the going rate?  I wonder how much RDU is paying DL for its nonstop to Paris.

Cincinnati is still a focus city operation for Delta, as is now Raleigh/Durham. RDU offered $2 mil or so for their nonstop to be launched back in 2016.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, Will said:

There's a gentleman on Instagram who's been filming (albeit with a phone) the BNA BA 787 arrivals and departures over the past year. He got the 787-9 coming on on Sunday.

https://www.instagram.com/seanblackdog/

It looks like he has some nice pics of downtown as well! 

I left him a comment inviting him to come here.

Edited by Hey_Hey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Hello, my name Sean. I’m deaf.  I enjoy to read on Unbanplanet. I will post more pics later. 

British Airways Boeing 787-9 landed last Sunday evening. 

 

Hey Sean! Welcome to the forum. I loved your 787-9 video / photo. I live pretty close to the airport and always try to peak outside when it's time for the BA 787 to land. 

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.