Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

3 minutes ago, Craiger said:

Hey Sean! Welcome to the forum. I loved your 787-9 video / photo. I live pretty close to the airport and always try to peak outside when it's time for the BA 787 to land. 

Thank.

3 minutes ago, smeagolsfree said:

Awesome to have you onboard the SS UP Sean. Keep those fantastic photos coming!

Thank. I will post there. Soon. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Yesterday evening. :whistling:

5:45 pm. #Boeing787-9 #Dreamliner #BritishAirways Landed @ 11,031 feet long runways. 

I noticed it landed on the cross runway. I assume it's based on the wet conditions.  I wonder how much this affected other flights. They may have to use that runway in the summer for hot weather take offs as well. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2019 at 8:14 PM, Sean blackdog said:

:yahoo: Today evening. :shades:

5:26pm  #Boeing787-9 #Dreamliner #britishairways from London landing @ #nashvilleinternationalairport  @ 7,704 feet long runway. 

My wife and I flew to Orlando Thursday night on Frontier, departing at 9:00 PM.  While waiting to board, the BA flight to London boarded next to the Frontier gate.  They were calling the names of two people who needed to board.  Can't imagine missing that flight to London!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mr_Bond said:

My wife and I flew to Orlando Thursday night on Frontier, departing at 9:00 PM.  While waiting to board, the BA flight to London boarded next to the Frontier gate.  They were calling the names of two people who needed to board.  Can't imagine missing that flight to London!

:scared:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Mr_Bond said:

how was frontier?

1 hour ago, volsfanwill said:

how was frontier?

Surprisingly pleasant!  It was an Airbus 320 with the new seats with molded plastic backs, tiny trays, small pockets and slanted legs.  I had more leg room than I've ever had on a plane and I think it was because of the angled legs to the seats in front of me.  The crew was helpful and entertaining.

To deal with the 'nickel and dime' routine, my wife and I packed everything in one huge suitcase and did not bring carry-ons.  We also were quite happy to sit in the back of the plane where it cost less to select our seats.

All in all, a pleasant trip to Orlando and back for a wedding.  We would fly them again.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, trillhaslam said:

It appears that the rails and platforms for the light rail connection we've been hearing about recently have been removed, as compared to past renderings.

My understanding was they were never going to build it with rails and platforms. It was going to be built so that platforms and rails will easily be added later once a light rail line is approved. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NashvilleObserver said:

My understanding was they were never going to build it with rails and platforms. It was going to be built so that platforms and rails will easily be added later once a light rail line is approved. 

That seems reasonable. I had just inferred, from comparing the new look of the central walkway cover in the updated rendering video above to the images attached, that there had been made a point to change the official design in accordance with the plans moving forward. I certainly do hope they'll be leaving room for the possibility of rail integration in the future.

BNA-Vison-Plaza-Exterior-Eye-Level-1000x563.jpg

Plaza-1000x560.jpg

• Like 3