Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

A little more on the information released last night and this morning. This is not a proposal at this time, just sort of a very preliminary plan from the airport picked up on at a meeting last night. There is not a formal proposal yet per the BNA authority after a contact this morning, however it is noteworthy and newsworthy they are thinking ahead. 

We do not know what then plan will look like yet and nothing has been approved so we cant even give this proposed status, not to get everyone's hopes up.

• Thanks 1

After the current airport expansion, BNA could see $4 billion in capital expansion over the next decade.  

Key points: 

1. $164M capital budget for current FY. It was $40M just three years ago. Next FY it will be $220M

2. Expected to have 22 million passengers by 2030

3. They intend to expand their attractiveness as a gateway for international airlines. Mum on what those airlines would be.

Behind paywall:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/transportation/nashville-international-airport/article/21066496/airport-could-see-4b-fuel-longterm-growth

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dxfret said:

Sean blackdog. What drives the daily posting of daily pics/info for the arrival of this flight?  

Kind of unrelated to your question, but I'm guessing Sean might be foreign and works in the airline biz. This is by no means a jab at our new poster, but I do notice his English is rather broken in some of his posts, which leads me to that assumption that he may not be a native speaker.

Should the TN Air National Guard move their location to Smyrna and give up that space at Berry Field (in the future) for future expansions?  Not sure if Smyrna has the available space or not...but is probably the best alternate location in Middle TN.

smyrna airport.jpg

Edited by titanhog
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Well, I wish to work in the airline. But, I has job, not far about 1/2 mile from BNA.  I just enjoy to watch airline and look around downtown Nashville. I’m deaf. Can’t speak. Only sign language.  :thumbsup:

Ah dang! Well, my guess was pretty far off. Are you from Nashville?