Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

The 747 is dying off. All USA carriers have scrapped their 747s and only the freight version is still in production

I have flown on the A380 and agree with @wboarder44that it is one smooth ride. Such a shame it will be gone soon. The A350 is good, but not as good as the A380

The 777 and A350 will be the workhorse of passenger service for many years to come. The 787 Dreamliner will expand flight options, new destinations, and frequency thanks to the smaller size and long range. The Dreamliner is the most economical metal bird and new and improved versions of the 777 and A350 will increase their efficiency for the big loads. Boeing gambled and won years ago when they decided to go smaller to reach more destinations (because people want non-stop flights)

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

I  wish Emirates Airlines Airbus a380 land in BNA next 10 to 15 year later. Need rebuilt on  Concourse A  for International flights very soon.  :whistling:

A7B9162A-7189-4BA7-AEAD-BF49AA814C4E.jpeg

As far as expanded international service goes, I don't think BNA needs let alone wants service on an A380 as they consume a lot of fuel and apron/taxi space and are hard to refuel and tug around. There will probably be more 787s/a350s/maybe some 777s but that is it.

I have been hearing a lot of credible rumors from several different places (including someone in the chamber of commerce) that Delta/SkyTeam are going to start European service from BNA sooner than later to either Amsterdam or Paris. They are expanding their SkyClub here by 10,000 more square feet, meaning it will be their largest skyclub for an outstation airport. In terms of additional international destinations, I believe that will be the next one, as Delta has shown and continue to shows a desire for growth at BNA, however this would probably be on a 767 so...there is that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

11 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

As far as expanded international service goes, I don't think BNA needs let alone wants service on an A380 as they consume a lot of fuel and apron/taxi space and are hard to refuel and tug around. There will probably be more 787s/a350s/maybe some 777s but that is it.

I have been hearing a lot of credible rumors from several different places (including someone in the chamber of commerce) that Delta/SkyTeam are going to start European service from BNA sooner than later to either Amsterdam or Paris. They are expanding their SkyClub here by 10,000 more square feet, meaning it will be their largest skyclub for an outstation airport. In terms of additional international destinations, I believe that will be the next one, as Delta has shown and continue to shows a desire for growth at BNA, however this would probably be on a 767 so...there is that.

Both the A380 and 747 are nearing the end of production, but both with continue to fly for many years to come, especially so the 747 for air freighters and the 747-8 model will be the next Air Force One fleet.  The A380 has proven undesirable for most carriers, this a much shorter lifespan and less value.  Twin engine aircraft are the future of civil aviation  

Regarding Delta’s plans for expansion at BNA, including transatlantic service, this is already widely known and far beyond rumor. This topic, along with BNA’s ongoing growth and expansion, continue to be widely covered in aviation news and social  media.  Amsterdam AMS would be a far better destination for ease of use and connections compared to Paris CDG

Edited by dxfret

British Airways has announced that its LHR-BNA flight will revert to 4X per week during the winter months starting at the end of October.  Flights will operate on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday and Sunday during the winter season.  It operates a daily service from April to October. 

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Craiger said:

I think it was sarcasm. 

I wasn't sure after the Nashville population comments he made last week.  I was thinking he was responding to British Airways scaling back the winter flights.  He's normally a very positive Nashville guy...so just wondering.  Great poster...so I was just a little concerned.  If it was sarcasm...my bad.

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 2

9 hours ago, wreynol4 said:

How many are we tracking on for total for 2019? 

For the FY which ends after June I’d guess close to 17 million, maybe a little more. For the calendar year of 2019, maybe close to 18 million? I may be overshooting a bit. 

• Like 3