Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

11 hours ago, WebberThomas4 said:

Was that a delta 757?

Yeah. It was emergency between Seattle to Orlando because of fuel low, diverted to BNA. Tank put fuel on plane and return to Orlando.

Other Boeing 757 for Detroit one a time.  :shades:

1 hour ago, Hey_Hey said:

Yes, Delta has been running them between BNA and ATL. 

No, It was emergency between Seattle to Orlando because of fuel low, diverted to BNA. Tank put fuel on plane and return to Orlando.

Other Boeing 757 for Detroit one a time. 

I was there and watch plane.  :shades:

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Binbin98 said:

https://thepointsguy.com/news/delta-massively-expanding-nashville-sky-club-in-2020/

Interesting article about the sky club expansion, I believe personally that Delta will have a Europe flight from Nashville in the next few years.

Old news. This has been previously covered by several publications. 

3 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Folks, let me just say that when the May 2019 numbers are released, they will be incredible

I flew out of BNA last Friday, and boy are my arms tired.  Anyway...here's Wonderwall....it was crazy busy, but getting through security was fairly quick.  Wednesday evening I went back to pick someone up, and it seemed just as busy as when I left out last Friday prior to the holiday.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, memphian said:

Look at AA taking second place in the share of capacity metric.  I would have thought DL would've been number two. I guess AA is upping their game (yes I know BNA used to be an AA hub and yes it still surprises me).

Yes, sir. I was stunned when I saw that. That was a shock, especially after the DL ATL upgrades. I am still thinking One World will be our NRT route, so maybe they are thinking about the future connections

Early this year, WN notified BNA they would be adding a significant number of flights in June, but I haven't seen it, yet

Yes, sir. I was stunned when I saw that. That was a shock, especially after the DL ATL upgrades. I am still thinking One World will be our NRT route, so maybe they are thinking about the future connections
Early this year, WN notified BNA they would be adding a significant number of flights in June, but I haven't seen it, yet

Kind of hard when a noticeable % of your fleet is grounded during peak season.

This’ll be Southwest’s slowest growth year in terms of new routes and/or capacity adding in existing in quite some time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

The American Airlines traffic might also have been increased because of the British Airways route being introduced. Yes I know that AA doesn’t fly their metal to London, but the OneWorld alliance having the only Transatlantic link from the Airport surely has made people in the Nashville area rely on AA and BA for their travels, along with the Admirals Club in Concourse C, Just a guess.

Also Delta and SkyTeam’s third ranking in the Nashville market might be why they have chosen to grow at the airport through expanding their sky club, upgauging somewhat and possibly adding a Transatlantic link in the future. They might not want to play second fiddle to AA anymore.

• Like 1

Highly doubtful that American’s traffic has increased that much because of the British Airways route. The majority of the BA pax come from the Metro Nashville region and the very large BNA geographic catchment area as they drive from East & West Tennessee, Northern Alabama and Kentucky.  OneWorld and AA certainly have some connecting pax, but not that many.   American has added larger aircraft and frequencies at BNA which accounts for more available seats.  People don’t base their travel choices only on airline alliances or having a club for premium pax, price and travel time are bigger factors. Also the onward connections are not so great as LHR is sub par compared to more efficient transfer airports like Amsterdam or Frankfurt.  Delta would do very well competing against BA with a flight to AMS from BNA. 

• Like 1

Great points. The BA flight is less than 1% of the traffic at BNA. I have always wondered what % originate here vs overseas

All I have heard is that AA/DL/UA have no plans to expand service, just capacity. Frequency increases are not likely, but there will be some