Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

10 hours ago, Jarno said:

The reason you go that way is because you are not allowed to make U-Turn where the blue circle is and they direct you this way.   This is only for cars who dropped someone off and get another pickup.  Your position in line is held, but you cannot get the ping until you enter the ride share lot.   (The crazy thing is people go sit in the ride share lot and turn off their app off to block other from getting in.  (Hmm, wonder if anyone pays them to do that). 

Thanks for the explanation - I figured it was something like that, but there are so many simple ways to fix this absurdly long U-turn with less asphalt than my driveway. As for the rideshare lot shenanigans, that is frustrating but I'm not in the least surprised.

• Like 1

https://www.flynashville.com/about/Documents/06132019CAC.pdf

A minor new master plan update for BNA. Concourse A and D to a lesser extent will be expanded over the next 5-7 years or so, bringing the total gate count to 61. More info can be found in the pdf. It still isn’t clear to me whether or not the new IAB gates will be swing gates or not but regardless I’m sure the construction of that will create new international flights for Nashville. 

The one thing that worries me about this master plan is the Total Annual Population traffic estimates for the airport, they are predicting that Nashville will hit 18 million pax in 2022, when that number is expected to be reached this year. It seems like the MNAA may have underestimated the growth at this airport.

• Like 2

I cannot WAIT for more service to LHR or LGW from BNA. Recently bought tickets home for Thanksgiving and the direct flights to Nashville were already starting to sell out. Maybe we were just looking too early so they hadn't opened up all the tickets yet, but that seems unlikely...

• Like 1

I can’t wait for a delta flight to Europe (hopefully)

I have sky miles and am not afraid to use them haha. I would literally go through Amsterdam or Paris to Nashville rather than the direct from London if it becomes available. I took the BA flight back in early June and not only was it expensive but pretty much entirely full.

• Like 2

Have they already purchased/acquired the land for the 2L extension? It looks they would be taking part of the Johnston & Murphy store/building next to their headquarters (Genesco). Then the key mentions 20 homes. I would think that would be expensive, and also tough if the residents don't want to move.

10 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Have they already purchased/acquired the land for the 2L extension? It looks they would be taking part of the Johnston & Murphy store/building next to their headquarters (Genesco). Then the key mentions 20 homes. I would think that would be expensive, and also tough if the residents don't want to move.

The last I heard, which was March, was there are 12 critical properties that must be acquired before the project can move forward

As for Genesco, the outlet store will have to move (which will give them the opportunity to revamp) while the other space lost is minor. The huge issue here is providing a new entrance off Murfreesboro Rd to the property in conjunction with the new tunnel expansion

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, donNdonelson2 said:

BNA has officially crossed the threshold...pin this thread NOW! :yahoo:

(This ad showed up on my Facebook feed today.)

37B7CEAF-1D5A-4795-9656-E437CE7D9C6E.jpeg

That's it.  I'm buying some of this stuff for birthday and Christmas gifts for the family.

• Like 1