Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I love listening to the airport's Arrivals and Departure channel and watching FlightRadar when storms roll through. There were a couple places diverted last night, but several this afternoon and evening.  I saw planes divert to HSV, BHM, MEM, LEX, SDF, TYS, and EVV today. 

• Like 3

I guess our next airline will be Cape Air. Owensboro, KY recently told Cape Air that they will be retained for EAS (Essential Air Service), but they must add BNA as a destination

This is the thing I have been talking about for years. BNA needs a 'Cape Air' to bring in folks from from places like Owensboro/Evansville, Dyersburg, Bristol, etc. One of the most important things mentioned in this article is the ability to only go through security once. Providers for ORD and ATL require going through security twice - not good for connections 

Cape Air recommended for essential air services contract

• Like 4

2 hours ago, titanhog said:

^^So are you saying we had a Tokyo to Nashville direct flight yesterday?  :thumbsup:

**Yes, but you must remember, when it left BNA, it only carried enough fuel to get to ATL. Nowhere near fully loaded, weight wise

This is actually somewhat common for those long haul flights to be diverted to BNA

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LA_TN said:

**Yes, but you must remember, when it left BNA, it only carried enough fuel to get to ATL. Nowhere near fully loaded, weight wise

This is actually somewhat common for those long haul flights to be diverted to BNA

The only thing that matters is that we can say we sometimes have non-stops between us and Tokyo.   If the passengers refuse to get off in Nashville, that's their tough luck. :rofl:

Edited by titanhog
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2