Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

13 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today evening. Big plane is here  

Cathay Pacific Cargo  747-8(F)

Dallas to Atlanta, Diverted to BNA, because of storms. And refuel. 

Unknown what time takeoff to ATL. 

24C891EB-1815-4E12-B1AF-DC064EE2B310.jpeg

A Cathay Pacific 747 with a British Airways 787.  I love it.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today evening.

Biggest plane is here!!! :yahoo:

Dallas to Atlanta, Diverted to BNA, because of storms. And refuel. :shades:

:dontknow:Unknown what time takeoff to ATL. 

British Airways from London over there. :whistling:

24C891EB-1815-4E12-B1AF-DC064EE2B310.jpeg

Update departure 12:04am. :yawn: Zzzzzz.......

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Haha 1

I just got back from San Francisco/Yosemite and I thought BNA felt so much nicer than the CA airports I was in. (AKA they had no Chick Fil A in them.....)

• Denver's airport was huge, but it didn't feel overwhelming. The restrooms were nice, great selection for food, etc. Transit was quick/easy as we were able to go to another terminal for food, even with just a 90 min layover.
  • San Francisco: Not a bad airport, but it felt old/dirty (kinda like the city). The transit to rental car area and around the airport was nice. The security line was extremely easy, almost too easy.
  • San Diego: Screw this airport. It felt very congested, layout was odd, almost zero options for food, and it wasn't very clean. We had a scheduled layover of just over an hour here. The section we landed in only had just 3 gates in it, and we had to go back through security to get to our other gate. Security here was by far the slowest, and there were only 8 gates in the area we were flying out of. For those 8 gates there was one restroom and only 2 places to eat. There were not enough seats for the amount of people, so people were standing everywhere, and then lots laying against the walls. 
  • Like 4

26 minutes ago, bigeasy said:
  • San Diego: Screw this airport. It felt very congested, layout was odd, almost zero options for food, and it wasn't very clean. We had a scheduled layover of just over an hour here. The section we landed in only had just 3 gates in it, and we had to go back through security to get to our other gate. Security here was by far the slowest, and there were only 8 gates in the area we were flying out of. For those 8 gates there was one restroom and only 2 places to eat. There were not enough seats for the amount of people, so people were standing everywhere, and then lots laying against the walls. 

I'm sure it was congested. Fun fact, SAN is the third-busiest single-runway airport in the world, and the busiest in the United States.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 7/19/2019 at 9:03 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Today evening.

Biggest plane is here!!! :yahoo:

Dallas to Atlanta, Diverted to BNA, because of storms. And refuel. :shades:

:dontknow:Unknown what time takeoff to ATL. 

British Airways from London over there. :whistling:

903D8E30-D3A9-4E2D-A9C6-33B0EF41421A.jpeg

This picture didn't download the first time I saw your post for some reason.

Having grown up in HongKong, if I had seen this Cathay Pacific tail while driving up to BNA I would've gotten instantly homesick and excited all at the same time.  Even just seeing this picture makes me nostalgic.  So thank you for posting this!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, jmtunafish said:

This picture didn't download the first time I saw your post for some reason.

Having grown up in HongKong, if I had seen this Cathay Pacific tail while driving up to BNA I would've gotten instantly homesick and excited all at the same time.  Even just seeing this picture makes me nostalgic.  So thank you for posting this!

Welcome.:good: I can’t find a pic. Because I have lot pic on my iPhone.:whistling: Few hours later, I find pic and post. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, bigeasy said:
  • San Francisco: Not a bad airport, but it felt old/dirty (kinda like the city). The transit to rental car area and around the airport was nice. The security line was extremely easy, almost too easy.

I'm guessing you were in the old SFO Terminal 1 (Southwest, Frontier, and Delta gates), which is being replaced by the new Harvey Milk Terminal 1 scheduled to open starting this month. Terminal 2 (rebuilt in 2011), Terminal 3 (rebuilt in 2015), and the International Terminal (opened in 2000) are all pretty nice in my experience.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, SoundScan said:

I'm guessing you were in the old SFO Terminal 1 (Southwest, Frontier, and Delta gates), which is being replaced by the new Harvey Milk Terminal 1 scheduled to open starting this month. Terminal 2 (rebuilt in 2011), Terminal 3 (rebuilt in 2015), and the International Terminal (opened in 2000) are all pretty nice in my experience.

Yep! I thought part of the area looked like it was under construction, but I wasn't sure who would be using the new gates.

Side note: I was in San Fran for about 2 1/2 days. I was very surprised by how chilly it was in July.

Edited by bigeasy

5 hours ago, bigeasy said:

Yep! I thought part of the area looked like it was under construction, but I wasn't sure who would be using the new gates.

Side note: I was in San Fran for about 2 1/2 days. I was very surprised by how chilly it was in July.

Mark Twain said the coldest winter he ever lived through, was a summer in San Francisco 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 7/22/2019 at 5:06 PM, PruneTracy said:

I'm sure it was congested. Fun fact, SAN is the third-busiest single-runway airport in the world, and the busiest in the United States.

I recall discovering that after the first time I flew into there. I've gone through SAN probably 15 times because of work and every time I'm shocked how they squeezed so much airport in such a tiny place. It honestly reminds me of the ploppable airports you find in city building games.

But it does have a Stone Brewing inside, so that makes it enjoyable if you're in the right terminal!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/07/25/business/southwest-airlines-newark.amp.html

Southwest will be exiting completely out of Newark airport in November due to MAX issues, including dropping their Nashville to Newark Route.  I could see Spirit eventually adding this route though if they prove successful at BNA, or maybe Delta if they actually want to create a focus City in Nashville at some point.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Progress on new administration building/garage.  Up to the 4th level of garage. 6th level on admin bldg. elevator shaft/stairwell.

Looking SE from Upper Terminal Drive:

Airport expansion,July 25, 2019, 1.jpg

Looking east from Upper Terminal Drive:

Airport expansion,July 25, 2019, 2.jpg

International Terminal looking west from Upper Terminal Drive:

Airport expansion,July 25, 2019, 3.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Nathan_in_the_UK said:

I recall discovering that after the first time I flew into there. I've gone through SAN probably 15 times because of work and every time I'm shocked how they squeezed so much airport in such a tiny place. It honestly reminds me of the ploppable airports you find in city building games.

But it does have a Stone Brewing inside, so that makes it enjoyable if you're in the right terminal!

Terminal 2 is one of my favorite terminals, easy to navigate, state of the art, and the gates are very close to the entrance. Another plus is that the TSA lines are always short.  I watched the US-Belgium World Cup match at Stone Brewing in that terminal. Terminal 1, however, is third world.