Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

4 hours ago, Binbin98 said:

I think BNA will/should land another flight to Europe before any of those other flights come into fruition. Also from experience flying into BNA from Heathrow, the customs area in Nashville is really still too small to even handle the British Airways flight in my opinion, and the police officers in there are really mean as well to everyone coming through. Also the BA plane was so big that it had to be pushed sideways or something to even fit at the gate, and even then it’s tail was sticking out into the other international gate spaces. I know this is temporary but I struggle to see how any more large body flights fit into that small space before BNA vision part 1 is done, the demand is there for more Europe flights (my flight was ~97% full in may) but the infrastructure currently is not by any means.

Binbin98 — I sincerely doubt British Airways would operate its daily service if the gate, arrival/departure, immigration/customs, check-in, baggage claim,  lounge, etc. if the current facilities at BNA were not adequate to serve the 215 passengers on the Boeing 787-9.   The space may be tight, but the aircraft does not have to be “pushed sideways” in order to utilize the gate.  BA would not have upgraded  from and 787-8 to a larger 787-9 if ‘‘this was the case.  I’m also wondering about your statement that the  police officers being really “mean to everyone” coming through.   The situation is temporary as infrastructure issues are being corrected with the new construction. 

Edited by dxfret
  • Like 1

I have to agree with Binbin that the security people were awfully rude to everyone while waiting for immigration. On my trip it was just one guy that seemed to be on a power trip, but I assume he’s always like that. 

the room definitely couldn’t have handled another plane at the same time, but otherwise I thought the facility was adequate and the line moved quickly. 

10 hours ago, dxfret said:

Binbin98 — I sincerely doubt British Airways would operate its daily service if the gate, arrival/departure, immigration/customs, check-in, baggage claim,  lounge, etc. if the current facilities at BNA were not adequate to serve the 215 passengers on the Boeing 787-9.   The space may be tight, but the aircraft does not have to be “pushed sideways” in order to utilize the gate.  BA would not have upgraded  from and 787-8 to a larger 787-9 if ‘‘this was the case.  I’m also wondering about your statement that the  police officers being really “mean to everyone” coming through.   The situation is temporary as infrastructure issues are being corrected with the new construction. 

Yeh I am questioning the side ways push. a 78 is about the same size as a 76, with the 78 having a wider wingspan. How many 767s currently service BNA? Do they all push sideways depending on their arrival gate?

I don’t think we have any regularly scheduled passenger 767s. We may get an occasional diversion from ATL and we get FedEx 767s, but no passenger 767s.  The only wide body plane for passengers is the BA 787. Delta will use 757s from BNA to ATL, and we get numerous a321s and Boeing 738/739. 

I don't know if this is news, but it is interesting.  From Points Guy.

A sign in the lounge entrance now heralds another expansion coming in 2020, adding 10,000 square feet to the lounge. That’s an almost eightfold expansion.

But, this is very interesting.

The scope of this expansion also suggests that Delta — or one of its joint-venture partners, such as Air France or KLM — may be considering adding trans-Atlantic service from BNA sooner rather than later. Should this occur, one of Delta’s partner hubs in Paris (CDG) or Amsterdam (AMS) would seem to be the most likely destination. Over in the rival Oneworld alliance, British Airways seems to be having success with its recently-launched service between Nashville and London-Heathrow (LHR.) Within a year of its launch, the route has already increased to daily frequency and the aircraft has been switched from a Boeing 787-8 to a bigger 787-9.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2