Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

16 hours ago, markhollin said:

Titan Up, Ya'll!

Screen Shot 2020-01-11 at 8.42.30 AM.png

Well unfortunately for Archie and the rest of us Houstonians the team didn't sufficiently tighten it up today. Was hoping for another matchup between the T-T's and H-T's. 

75th birthday party:

https://www.houstonpress.com/music/things-to-do-archie-bell-turns-75-with-celebration-at-the-continental-club-11341553

Edited by dragonfly

I think if the current trend continues. we will pass Honolulu, Midway and Arlington in the next 5 years as they are all trending downward. I think we have already passed Love in Dallas, but it will be tough to pass Tampa and Portland as their numbers are trending upward, but not at the rate as Nashville.

So, this past year we were at 15.4% and the previous year we were at 13.2 %, but Austin is nipping at our heals. 

I do think 9.45% is easily doable based on the past two years numbers.

• Like 1

The big question for 2020 will be if/when the MAX grounding grounding is lifted. I don’t know how much more Southwest can grow as long as the MAX planes are unavailable. Allegiant will have a much larger presence, and Spirit will be here for the entire year. However, for us to meaningfully grow I think we have to see Southwest increase their daily flights since they are so big at BNA. 

10 hours ago, smeagolsfree said:

I think if the current trend continues. we will pass Honolulu, Midway and Arlington in the next 5 years as they are all trending downward. I think we have already passed Love in Dallas, but it will be tough to pass Tampa and Portland as their numbers are trending upward, but not at the rate as Nashville.

So, this past year we were at 15.4% and the previous year we were at 13.2 %, but Austin is nipping at our heals. 

I do think 9.45% is easily doable based on the past two years numbers.

One correction, BNA grew at 14.2% in 2019 (not 15.4% - that is for December only)

Portland is about 20 million and Honolulu looks to be about 21 million. Dulles, Reagan, Tampa, and others are next. But, yes, BNA will be at 'that level' after 2020 is over, although not a hub. Austin and Dallas Love Field are now a step below BNA. Our numbers guy can correct me if these are incorrect

9.45% growth in 2020 will be difficult, but possible. The rate of growth is beginning to slow and Nashville is not going to have an airport with 40 million passengers without becoming a hub and/or Nashville doubling the population.  Staying above single digits will become increasingly difficult as the year progresses

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LA_TN said:

One correction, BNA grew at 14.2% in 2019 (not 15.4% - that is for December only)

Portland is about 20 million and Honolulu looks to be about 21 million. Dulles, Reagan, Tampa, and others are next. But, yes, BNA will be at 'that level' after 2020 is over, although not a hub. Austin and Dallas Love Field are now a step below BNA. Our numbers guy can correct me if these are incorrect

9.45% growth in 2020 will be difficult, but possible. The rate of growth is beginning to slow and Nashville is not going to have an airport with 40 million passengers without becoming a hub and/or Nashville doubling the population.  Staying above single digits will become increasingly difficult as the year progresses

Austin has been keeping it pretty close, but has been growing slightly slower(within a couple of percentage points) than we have. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, memphian said:

Anyone know which airline will move to Concourse D? Maybe Delta? They're supposed to open a new Sky Club in 2020 but you'd never know it by looking around the current one. Just something I noticed.

I know folks at Southwest HQ in Dallas and they're getting all of D.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, memphian said:

Anyone know which airline will move to Concourse D? Maybe Delta? They're supposed to open a new Sky Club in 2020 but you'd never know it by looking around the current one. Just something I noticed.

The new Sky Club will be going into new space at the B/A junction according to the documents that show the airports post BNA Vision plans. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, memphian said:

As @downtownresidentnoted, it will be at the B/A junction - on the ground level. Access will be from B via elevator down to the ground level. Construction is scheduled for later this year

Southwest is taking all of D, but will give up some C gates during terminal/international gates construction, but will have a net gain of 2-3 gates in July

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, volsfanwill said:

Well. Here is an answer to one question that come up every couple months. Usually whenever runway extensions is mentioned.  Genesco is moving. 

https://amp.tennessean.com/amp/4725010002?__twitter_impression=true

They seem to be moving to Bridgestone's former office building near the airport.

• Like 1