Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Great news for the region and BNA! This will surely cement Spirit’s long term position at BNA.  

There’s no way of knowing this now, but I can’t help but wonder if this is the the first of many new WilCo relocations in lieu of Nashville given the current mayor’s curmudgeonly attitude toward corporate relocations.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LA_TN said:

Spirit Airlines moving 250-350 jobs to Williamson County. Could be positive for BNA

Spirit Airlines Announces New $11 Million Operational Control Center in Greater Nashville Area

I wonder if this means Spirit has big plans for adding more destinations out of BNA.  

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LA_TN said:

Here's a quote from the minutes of the Dec Board Meeting:

"Narita believed Miami and Nashville were the top two markets for opportunities in the United States for non-stop service to Asia"

December 18, 2019 Board Meeting

Until John Cooper told them "no"... but they were angry with him. So 'score' for the next election. 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 
1992- 10.3 million passengers 
2018- 18,273,434 passengers  

4BAC76D3-0E46-462F-BCD5-365418C7F2EC.jpeg

I am honestly very curious as to where Nashville's airport will be at in 10 years. If the growth continues even at half this rate, is it possible that a legacy carrier will be interested enough to create a focus city/hub in Nashville? I certainly see more domestic growth and especially international growth, which I feel has been constrained by the timeline of the IAB construction. I am not making predictions here, I just am excited for the future of BNA.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 
1992- 10.3 million passengers 
2018- 18,273,434 passengers  

4BAC76D3-0E46-462F-BCD5-365418C7F2EC.jpeg

From 9.0M in 2009 to 18.3M in 2018 - more than doubling in 9 years.  If we did that for the next 9, we'll have 36.5M.  That should move us up the rankings!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rockatansky said:

I have an air travel related question which is slightly OT. Please delete this post if inappropriate.

Over the past 3 years I have not had a single trip that did not experience a flight delay or cancellation. Is that the new norm for air travel? Or do I have particularly bad luck?

You sound particularly cursed. I'd say 98% of my air travel in the last three years has been on on time or ahead of schedule. The two or three instances were SJC -> MDW which was cancelled due to winds, and forced an extra couple days in San Jose. The others were in France.

2 hours ago, LA_TN said:

@Rockatansky, I would say you had bad luck. I have bad luck with American, yet dummy me still flies them when I must

Ok folks. Why would any of the big 3 put a new hub anywhere? If, say, an Alaska or JetBlue wanted to take on the big 3, then Nashville becomes a strategic location. A new terminal would be required to reach 35 million.  Growth will increase at a lower rate soon. Ticket prices at BNA are far cheaper than most airports in the US - this is the competition between airlines working for us. Thankfully, American pulled the hub out of Nashville. We will get a few more significant flights to Asia, Europe, and Central/South America which will connect Nashville to the world. We are very lucky to live in Nashville

I mean I live in New York City but agreed

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, Rockatansky said:

I have an air travel related question which is slightly OT. Please delete this post if inappropriate.

Over the past 3 years I have not had a single trip that did not experience a flight delay or cancellation. Is that the new norm for air travel? Or do I have particularly bad luck?

I fly quite a bit, both domestically and internationally, and I find Southwest and Delta seem to be good about on time departure and arrival, with American and United being the worst and American by far.  American also has the WORST customer service if you have issues, arrogant and rude many times.  Delta is my choice for international and if you fly virtually any European airlines, they are all superior to most domestics with the exception of Spanish airline, Iberia.  KLM, SAS and Air France have been very good in my experiences. 

On 2/16/2020 at 1:32 PM, MLBrumby said:

Edited by GreenHillsBoy
  • Like 2

I fly out ATL every week and use clear. I love it, especially with the large airports. Nashville never takes me more than 20 mins to get through pre check, so with clear it would probably be like half that, and I normally fly during the busy business hours. 

I've gone through MIA with clear and no one was in line and it took me like 2 mins. The pre check line was wrapped around. 

I would say it's worth it if you are a frequent traveler. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2020 at 8:34 AM, Craiger said:

It takes me like 5 minutes to get through with pre most of the time. For those that have it, Is this really worth it?

Keep in mind that with only Clear you will still have to remove shoes, liquids, etc.   You'll need Clear and PreCheck if you wan to use the PreCheck line for personal and carryon screening.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2020 at 7:36 AM, FriendlyFlier said:

Several CLEAR jobs posted on LinkedIn for BNA recently. Exciting for frequent fliers!

CLEAR is awesome. I suggest everyone to get it. Soon at BNA (like it is at other airports), the TSA precheck line is just as long as the regular line. You get to cut everyone. 

CLEAR is also at a lot of stadiums, and I know CLEAR is going to soon be at Bridgestone and maybe Nissan. 

• Like 3