Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

1 hour ago, CenterHill said:

Yeah, sorry I wasn't sure what to call it.    "Tile" didn't seem right.    Anyway, just wondering if that will be used throughout the concourses as well as the ticket counter and baggage areas.  

I like terrazzo in airports, but some noise mitigation will likely be required to make up for the loss of sound absorption of any carpet removal in the renovation.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, CenterHill said:

Yeah, sorry I wasn't sure what to call it.    "Tile" didn't seem right.    Anyway, just wondering if that will be used throughout the concourses as well as the ticket counter and baggage areas.  

Yes

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

The Nashville International Airport reports seeing a 95% drop in passengers due to the coronavirus epidemic, joining the chorus of industries that are being ravaged by the potentially deadly virus. 

Compared to last April, and coming at the heels of the airport's busiest February ever, this April has seen only a trickling of passengers — only 5% in fact. 

"This is the deepest drop we've ever seen," Nashville International Airport CEO Doug Kreulen said by phone. “This takes us from 2020 back to 1960." 

The Nashville airport typically sees 50,000 travelers a day, and that number has plummeted to only 1,000 or 2,000 daily visitors.

More at The Tennessean here:

https://www.tennessean.com/story/money/2020/04/20/nashville-airport-bna-coronavirus-tennessee-traveling-airlines/5156776002/

• Sad 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:30 PM, Sean blackdog said:

032F5627-6E22-440D-BBE8-1E0E47ED8D2B.jpeg

Didn't realize that the terminal wing expansion areas had security zones part of them.  Makes since due to the main lobby construction starting soon.  I assume the south terminal wing expansion will include one as well.  I think I remember reading that the B and A terminals will be cut off airside from C and D during the main lobby renovation, correct?

2 hours ago, wboarder44 said:

Didn't realize that the terminal wing expansion areas had security zones part of them.  Makes since due to the main lobby construction starting soon.  I assume the south terminal wing expansion will include one as well.  I think I remember reading that the B and A terminals will be cut off airside from C and D during the main lobby renovation, correct?

Yes, North (A/B) and South (C/D) will be separate after the South Terminal Wing is complete in September. After that, the main terminal lobby will close for 2 years. The new North Security checkpoint was set to open by May 1, but currently, all security is routed through the existing South checkpoint, based on existing demand 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2020 at 5:11 PM, Urban_Legend said:

Does anyone know what this is for? I find it interesting that it's still separated by that strip of grass.

That was just the first phase. Later, probably when the international facility is done, it will be completed and used for easier maneuvering and I think some aircraft parking spots.

• Thanks 1