Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Cool! I prefer Southwest over American Airlines anytime. Glad they're getting LOVE at BNA. Glad also that my preferred above all Delta is expanding at BNA too. Still very inclined to retire in the Midstate, but that's still about 15 years off. Still racking up my points though. 

• Like 2

I flew Southwest thursday-sunday of this past week.   Was still in Concourse C,  half of which has tarps/blocked off.   Didn't realize D was open until i was on my way to baggage claim, but was ready to get my mask off after having it on for 3 straight hours, so i went straight for the suitcase and the door.  The pictures of Concourse D in this forum are nice.    I did park in the 2nd Terminal Garage (southern most one), and thought that was super nice, and very well lit.

BNA Garage 2.jpg

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this evening from https://mobile.twitter.com/DougKreulen

Needless to say our firefighters at @Fly_Nashville like their new ride. Just another example of BNA taking passenger safety to a whole new level.

This new Rosenbauer Panther 6x6 is an impressive piece of equipment. We hope never to have to use it for its intended purpose. But if the need arises, we are equipped to handle it.
> High reach extendable turret with a boom that can reach 50 feet 
> Carries 3,180 gallons of water and 420 gallons of foam
> Capable of flowing 1,250 gallons/minute
> Can throw water 300+ feet 
> Can pierce into an aircraft to extinguish fire
#SafetyFirst #AlwaysBePrepared

667A84CA-CFB1-41CA-8D8E-765C2841F1DA.jpeg

2C986D9E-1B39-42C5-92FD-F86F4B971FEB.jpeg

Could double as riot control if needed

• Like 1

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 
BNA FYI: Allegiant Air and Alaska Airlines are moving from Concourse B to Concourse C.
>Allegiant flights will operate out of Concourse C beginning tomorrow (July 29).
>Alaska will move on Aug. 5.
Ticketing counters for both airlines are located in the center section of the Ticketing Lobby. #FlyNashville #BNAVision

1A0D733C-57BE-47BD-A499-2FCE3CE33C42.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

IMG_2713-300x164.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 The interior ceilings of Concourse D features local wood and LEED Silver Certified LED lighting and fixtures.

IMG_2746-300x162.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 Local photography decorates the walls of BNA’s new Concourse D.
IMG_2754-300x163.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 Currently, Southwest Airlines will operate all 6 new gates in BNA’s new Concourse D

IMG_2710-300x165.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 BNA’s new Concourse D adds 6 domestic aircraft gates, new dining and retail offerings and a new Central Utility Plant.

IMG_2757-300x160.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 The next project for BNA Vision will include a renovation of the ticketing lobby

IMG_2716-300x164.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 Indoor service animal relief area in BNA’s new Concourse D

IMG_2717-300x144.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web

Art from local artists displayed in BNA’s new Concourse D

IMG_2743-300x162.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web
 “Every New Day is the Best Day of Our Lives” by Nashville artist Brian Tull. Measuring 70.5 feet long and 5 feet high, it’s the latest of Tull’s commissioned public art installations.

IMG_2679-300x162.jpg?lossy=1&strip=1&web

A model of BNA Vision’s multi-year expansion project greets visitors of the current ticketing lobby.

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1