Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

On 8/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, nashvylle said:

Clear just opened up at BNA. .

Highly suggest signing up. You don't have to ever pull out your ID, and you can cut TSA Pre-check. Nissan Stadium and Bridgestone Arena are next- it's great to cut those long lines (when things go back to normal). 

Do you still have to go thru the body scanner and get groped by the agent?

On 8/13/2020 at 9:29 PM, nashvylle said:

Clear just opened up at BNA. .

Highly suggest signing up. You don't have to ever pull out your ID, and you can cut TSA Pre-check. Nissan Stadium and Bridgestone Arena are next- it's great to cut those long lines (when things go back to normal). 

Any idea what this will be like at the arena/stadiums? I'm assuming it will be limited to a single entry point which might then mean you actually lose time depending on where you park.

Today this afternoon from Facebook BNA. 

‪UPDATE: The new South Security Checkpoint will open **TOMORROW**! Can’t wait for you to see it. 

BNA FYI: Our new South Terminal Wing opens on the Departures level this week!
> Beginning tomorrow, Aug. 19, Southwest will be in a new ticketing location (just down from its current location). See map.
> The South Security Checkpoint opens this Thursday, Aug. 20. Heading to Concourses C or D? Use the South Checkpoint. (The central checkpoint will be closed.) #BNAVision

C84764EB-D712-4CB1-AD75-E10524EEB83D.jpeg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dxfret said:

At $179 per year Clear is quite expensive. Would only be worth it for very frequent flyers. 

They are partnered with delta so if you have a sky miles account with them, it’s only $99.

8 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

Any idea what this will be like at the arena/stadiums? I'm assuming it will be limited to a single entry point which might then mean you actually lose time depending on where you park.

I’ve been to a Yankees game with them. It took 3 seconds to get in when the regular lines were taking 30 minutes 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, nashvylle said:

They are partnered with delta so if you have a sky miles account with them, it’s only $99.

I’ve been to a Yankees game with them. It took 3 seconds to get in when the regular lines were taking 30 minutes 

Thanks! I didn't know that; and that makes a huge difference. I never spent the extra $ for TSA PreCheck,,,because it is rarely a big benefit at BNA because it is always so fast

• Like 2

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 

REMINDER: Effective today, please use the North and South Security Checkpoints (shown on the map). The central security checkpoint is now *closed* as we get ready for big enhancements to the main terminal. Stay tuned!

>Use the NORTH Checkpoint for Concourses A & B.
>Use the SOUTH Checkpoint for Concourses C & D.
Interactive map: map.flynashville.com #BNAVision #FlyNashville

447C0A5F-A03D-4BDD-ADF7-2F259E5F058E.jpeg

The gate was down today, but the NEW South Security Checkpoint will be open early tomorrow morning in time for the first flight of the day.

237D57D8-CB34-4D4E-8BA6-61BB6F84EDAE.jpeg

(Can you tell BNA CEO Doug Kreulen is excited?) :whistling:

D503F1CC-A296-40BF-8E23-BE36715BBF1D.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1

Today this evening from Facebook BNA. 

Update. 

BIG NEWS: Effective September 1, BNA will split into TWO distinct terminals. Be sure to go to the correct terminal to catch your flight: NORTH Terminal for A & B gates, and SOUTH Terminal for C & D gates. 

Learn more: bit.ly/3gevcGT #BNAVision

F6E06BFA-9183-4C87-B19D-85D9EF01FBDF.jpeg

C4915BE4-CBE3-40F1-A053-A67D11048274.png

E2388CD1-01EE-458A-A90B-5DE4308612DF.png

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from Facebook Sky5. 

17A2201E-171D-4C90-B7DC-2AFEB8DDA359.jpeg

FA871342-9233-4FB9-86C8-E082500B0E51.jpeg

Loving all of the windows on Concourse D! New terminal garages and admin buildings look good too. Can’t wait for the upgraded lobby/roof, new parking garage, and hotel to take shape. 

Edit: The new plaza on the parking garage gives us an idea of how tall the new canopy roof will be compared to the existing building. The central terminal is going to get quite the upgrade once the work is done. 

Edited by downtownresident
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, nashvylle said:

I see you, Lightrail.

I just can't stop thinking about how much of an impact a direct light rail link with downtown would have. Maybe new hotels wouldn't have a need to accommodate so much parking if people didn't have to feel like they either need to pay exorbitant taxi fares, deal with a (perceived-to-be) unreliable and infrequent bus, or rent a car!

• Like 4