Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I travel weekly between Nashville and New York City.  Every flight I’ve been on over the past month has been completely full, many times with standby passengers. The BNA terminal is super busy, especially the C Concourse used by Southwest and American.  It seems that Southwest is connecting a lot of passengers through Nashville. The food service options are very limited right now and the concourses and gate areas are crowded. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

Sorry folks, but I'm lost on the runway cap. I thought the runway was going to extend over Murfreesboro Road, not I-40.  So where will it go? 

We were discussing the runway cap over I-40 in Lebanon on a different tread , maybe you’re thinking about that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When I was in Nashville a few weeks ago I drove past the airport pretty much everyday.  I will say that I'm a little disappointed that the parking garages will be the dominate feature of the renovated airport from the Donelson Pike view.  I was hoping the addition to the airport terminal would be a little more prominent.  I guess once the hotel is added that will help in redirecting our focus from the garages.

I also noticed that only one of the garages had a lighting scheme at night.  Is is not the plan to incorporate a lighting scheme on all the garages?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from LGA.  Not BNA. :ermm:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/lga-new-taxiway/

C86D2A74-6E21-449B-9C2A-6A5826A24B39.jpeg.1177496785fba22c5d56461aa95f5407.jpeg

U think BNA need new a bridge between Concourse C and new Satellite Concourse? 

I will never understand why this wasn't done at a 90° angle to the end of the existing A Gates to be connected to a re-built A in the future.  

Frontier is leaving LAX because they are unhappy with their passengers having to take a bus to a satellite concourse. The operators that go to BNA's satellite will either need discounts on passenger fees or move there with the understanding they can go to a re-built concourse A.

14 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

... I'm a little disappointed that the parking garages will be the dominate feature ... I guess once the hotel is added that will help in redirecting our focus from the garages.

Yes, the hotel will help the appearance. But agree, it looks like a giant parking garage

14 hours ago, PillowTalk4 said:

I also noticed that only one of the garages had a lighting scheme at night.  Is it not the plan to incorporate a lighting scheme on all the garages?

They all have lighting. Maybe the garage (#1) had the lights off, due to construction

14 hours ago, Sean blackdog said:

Today this morning from LGA.  Not BNA. :ermm:
https://thepointsguy.com/news/lga-new-taxiway/

C86D2A74-6E21-449B-9C2A-6A5826A24B39.jpeg.1177496785fba22c5d56461aa95f5407.jpeg

U think BNA need new a bridge between Concourse C and new Satellite Concourse? 

The issue is proximity to 13/31 runway restricts the height. It can be done, but meeting ADA requirements would be a nightmare

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LA_TN said:

And there will be a third section built to right that will curve upwards, so this will be much more impressive, when complete. This is what people will remember when they come into the airport to leave

Concourse A?  So it will have an upward curve?  Or do you mean a third section of the canopy?  I actually like how it curves downward over the main building. 

Edited by MLBrumby

Two week update on the C food court space, and there's not a whole lot new. On the other side of the dogleg, some increased activity where 8th and Roast, West End News etc will be coming, looks like some new studs are up.

It also looked like one of the restaurants across the hall (either pyramids or urban juicer) is close to opening, usually it's dark back there but it was lit up and the ceilings were finished. Southwest was doing their best to not try very hard at baggage claim, signs were wrong and multiple flights on one belt. Good luck to all that are travelling this weekend.

PXL_20210528_002548929.jpg

PXL_20210528_002612918.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2