Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

On 7/7/2021 at 4:44 PM, downtownresident said:

Yeah, the fact that this was announced in front of a crowd of 350k is laughable. I’d understand if it was for other cities, but Nashville hasn’t been hurting for travelers for months. 

It covers Memphis, Knoxville, and Chattanooga as well. Hopefully there's quotas and those cities get more slots, but who knows.

• Like 3

Two things 'jump out' at me...

1.  This is with very little convention travel now.  That applies to other cities as well, but how many of those cities are already surpassing their 2019 numbers? 

2.  I'm guessing the airports that rank 25-30 are heavily reliant on convention travel.  That means BNA could become a top 25 airport soon if the CVB ramps up. I don't see how that's not outpacing the national average as things are (have been before the Pandemic)

Looks like the BNA  expansion is exactly what they need and very timely. 

Edited by MLBrumby
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MLBrumby said:

Two things 'jump out' at me...

1.  This is with very little convention travel now.  That applies to other cities as well, but how many of those cities are already surpassing their 2019 numbers? 

2.  I'm guessing the airports that rank 25-30 are heavily reliant on convention travel.  That means BNA could become a top 25 airport soon if the CVB ramps up. I don't see how that's not outpacing the national average as things are (have been before the Pandemic)

Looks like the BNA  expansion is exactly what they need and very timely. 

Now we just need to be able to eat without waiting in a 30 minute line!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, MLBrumby said:

What’s with that floor? I hope in transition!

No sir! Meet the new BNA: Terrazzo floors! Thanks to the pandemic, they took advantage of the low passenger volume to expedite the new floor installation in as many areas as possible!

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

We already had Global Entry/Precheck, and now that AMEX added Clear as a "free" perk we now have it as well. Does anyone know if BNA is expected to add CLEAR to the South Checkpoint? We fly Southwest 90% of the time so Clear really has no value locally for us while the airport is cut off the way it is currently.

Looks like the perfect storm of new food court flooring, old food court flooring, and some carpet for good measure. Perhaps overnight between now and October the carpet and old food court tiles can be ripped up and unified. In true BNA fashion I bet they pick 3pm on a summer Sunday to start, maybe the night after the grand prix race for maximum irritation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Very interested to know if CLEAR will come to the south checkpoint.  It has been frustrating as a sometimes Delta, sometimes Southwest, sometimes AA flyer to not be able to utilize it recently.

Also, what's the latest on timeline for adding additional gates?  Every time I have been to BNA recently it has been absolutely jam packed to the gills.  The amount of gates we have just isn't going to cut it over the next few years.  Can they expand B?  Can they expand A?  What about that satellite concourse?  

Got through security and watched them shut the gate at BK at 7:52, hopefully they ran out of food and they intend to stay open past sunset. I also got a peek (but no pictures) in the tailgate space when the workers popped out to rip some carpet up, totally cold shell at the moment as far as the eye could see back towards C-9. Lines are way down all around which is great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Not much new Intel in this article other than brass is not thrilled with Fraport. Looks like the next hard deadline is 12/31 for openings.  https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2021/07/22/nashville-bna-airport-sees-more-passengers-covid-19-variants-threaten/8046007002/

Here now and there's not much new since Monday. There are some nice new high top tables between Swett's and urban juicer.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Chato_reyes said:

Not much new Intel in this article other than brass is not thrilled with Fraport. Looks like the next hard deadline is 12/31 for openings.  https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2021/07/22/nashville-bna-airport-sees-more-passengers-covid-19-variants-threaten/8046007002/

Here now and there's not much new since Monday. There are some nice new high top tables between Swett's and urban juicer.

And remember the previous deadline was May 31, for the current phase