Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

3 hours ago, markhollin said:

Little Harpeth Brewing will open a 1,883 sq. ft. facility in Terminal B of Nashville International Airport. A permit for $784,000 has been issued for for Wellspring Builders to begin the work. 

More behind the Nashville Post paywall here:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/business/development/permit-patrol-26-july-2021/article_4c6d052e-ebf8-11eb-a10a-971261266a71.html

Any estimate on when those terminal separation walls will come down? Hopefully  sooner than later. Hate not being able to walk over to A/B when the vast majority of my flights are with Southwest.

4 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

Any estimate on when those terminal separation walls will come down? Hopefully  sooner than later. Hate not being able to walk over to A/B when the vast majority of my flights are with Southwest.

They’ll come down in 2023 when the new international gates, central security screening area, retail mall, and satellite concourse opens. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, glamdring269 said:

As @downtownresidentnoted, September 2023 will be the opening of the new Lobby and International Arrivals Facility, Satellite Concourse, and the Hilton branded hotel. That is when it will be possible to walk from A/B to C/D again. A long 3 years

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 7/26/2021 at 9:30 PM, LA_TN said:

As @downtownresidentnoted, September 2023 will be the opening of the new Lobby and International Arrivals Facility, Satellite Concourse, and the Hilton branded hotel. That is when it will be possible to walk from A/B to C/D again. A long 3 years

So, is Popeyes closed for good?  I primarily fly Southwest 4-5 times a year and have missed that over the last year or so.   Didn't care for their breakfast, but liked that you could pick up an affordable fried chicken dinner at 6am before a flight.

1 hour ago, Bark At The Sun said:

So, is Popeyes closed for good?  I primarily fly Southwest 4-5 times a year and have missed that over the last year or so.   Didn't care for their breakfast, but liked that you could pick up an affordable fried chicken dinner at 6am before a flight.

Long gone, and inaccessible from C/D gates. BK lounge, 400 degrees, and tootsies are your best shot at fried chicken for breakfast. Party Fowl will be next to open. Pyramids has a breakfast menu but I don't recall what's on it, I will check on Saturday or Monday when I'm there.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

I was inside BNA last night for the first time in a long time. I know it is still deep in construction and I assume that it is more attractive once you pass through security and get to the gates, but the ticketing and baggage areas are as bland as one could imagine. Whatever charm or amenities the public part of the airport had are now gone. The baggage area is bigger, which should be good, but it still took over 40 minutes for the bags to come out for the people I was picking up.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, PillowTalk4 said:

Quite honestly, I've never seen a baggage claim area that was really appealing.  They typically are the most utilitarian part of an airport that travelers see.  I'd rather have more efficiency in the area and delivery than décor.   One thing that I hated about Nashville's old luggage claim area was the lack of space between carousels.  BWI and DCA (which I fly out the most) have really good spaced out carousels.  Rarely do you have people from different flights tripping over each other. 

People in the DC area airports, BWI, DCA and IAD have all been complaining about the amount of time it's taking to get their luggage.  All three airports in this area contribute it to personnel shortages and flight delays.

White ceiling, white walls, white lights, white floors. It needs something else.

DCA was my primary airport and it was embarrassingly slow. The screens were never right and it was usually the baggage service clerk shouting at the top of his/her lungs, and even they were wrong half the time. The worst part was there are two smaller (but serviceable) belts on the other side of the wall that never get used when there are 3 or 4 flights that land within 10 minutes of each other. BWI is hot or cold for me.

• Like 2