Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

6 hours ago, Chato_reyes said:

@UrbanWes03yep, that was from their Facebook post about where to find coffee now. 

I miss good shake shack. Tried going to the one at McEwen Northside and it was a mess.

I live a mile from that new Shake Shack and it has had problems for sure.  Long waits for cold food.  Makes no sense to me.  Hopefully they will get it figured out.

7 hours ago, nashscan said:

I live a mile from that new Shake Shack and it has had problems for sure.  Long waits for cold food.  Makes no sense to me.  Hopefully they will get it figured out.

Big problems.  Last time I was there none of the kiosks worked and the person taking the orders was VERY slow.  We have neighbor's kids who worked there.  Apparently the turn-over from the upper mgmt all the way down has been terrible.   We have been to others in different parts of the country and they were much better.   Hopefully this location can figure it out.  But the worker shortage is crippling.  Teenagers gladly just quit to work somewhere else where they make $1 more and their friends are working too.

• Like 1

Flew back to DC from BNA last Tuesday afternoon, first time seeing all the construction. It'll be VERY nice when it's done...bit chaotic and lacking in enough amenities to make for a comfortable wait right now, though. Dining options in the South Terminal (C/D) at least are limited, and what was available was quite crowded. Hung out in the AA Admiral's Club for a minute, but it too was crowded and a bit dumpy compared to other lounges in other airports. Very much in need of a refresh. Looking forward to the new sit-down dining being built (especially Yazoo and TailGate!). It'll also be nice when you can make it to the North Terminal (A/B) from the South again without having to go through security, that will open up the options if one side is more crowded than the other.

• Like 2

On 10/27/2021 at 3:20 PM, wboarder44 said:

Looks like work is being done on the Donelson Pike relocation.  It appears a retaining wall is being built next to 20L.  

In a way, yes...........it is probably part of the runway work, but in anticipation for the relocation.   The TDOT project hasn't gone to the Letting process yet.

Thanks for posting the diagram.  Obv can't get past paywall for Tennessean. 

So then my assumption that this diagram is ALL the current phase. Reason I wonder is because this diagram shows apx. 69 gates (couple are split gates), and the article about the next phase mentions the increase in gates to 69.  Makes me wonder how passengers for all the gates will funnel through the concourses and then through the terminal entrance/exit.  Then there's the question about the new concourse across Donelson Pike and what phase that will include.  

UPDATE: I never trust what I read in the Tennessean as either new or factual information. So in that vein, my suspicions that these are two different phases were confirmed. From the BNA Vision press release from last month:  https://bnavisionnashville.com/2021/10/

Notably, this project is part of a second major phase of expansion at Nashville International Airport. The first slate of projects under way now and set for completion in 2023 include a new Hilton-branded hotel, a state-of-the-art International Arrivals Facility and terminal lobby expansion and renovation. Projects already completed under the first phase include a new Concourse D, new ticketing wings and baggage claim space, Terminal Garages 1 and 2, and a new administrative office building.

The second group of projects will add even more capacity to serve rising demand for air travel projected to continue beyond 2023. These projects include a free-standing satellite concourse and Concourse A ramp expansion.

Edited by MLBrumby
Found answer to question on BNA VIsion website

21 minutes ago, MLBrumby said:

Thanks for posting the diagram.  Obv can't get past paywall for Tennessean. 

So then my assumption that this diagram is ALL the current phase. Reason I wonder is because this diagram shows apx. 69 gates (couple are split gates), and the article about the next phase mentions the increase in gates to 69.  Makes me wonder how passengers for all the gates will funnel through the concourses and then through the terminal entrance/exit.  Then there's the question about the new concourse across Donelson Pike and what phase that will include.  

No problem. I read Tennessean newspaper today. 

E6391C8A-16FF-4185-8ABE-53E5F0DCCFFD.thumb.jpeg.8bf191a6779a8f02a6e1b3cb02c90b21.jpeg

B33D2A5C-B945-4463-98AA-AA09C01A3C40.jpeg

Edited by Sean blackdog
  • Like 2