Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

I feel like the Nashville airport will eventually be like Las Vegas airport but minus the gambling.

I wish these concourses would have been built sooner. For the first time I have heard from family and friends that they hate the Nashville airport now but I think its mainly due to the construction

On 1/13/2022 at 11:22 PM, Sean blackdog said:

Here we go. :whistling:

A1A34B54-EBF5-42F7-B3E0-2DD2DD6ECCFA.jpeg

319C4F2A-274D-472D-8339-FA8F52CB75A6.jpeg

According to today's New Horizons press release, concourses A and D will see "extensions and improvements including additional gates, moving walkways, and additional concessions in both concourses."

These diagrams from January are instructive. The Concourse D walkway already feels too narrow; much narrower than the walkway in Concourse C. I wonder how it will accommodate 1) increased through traffic from additional gates and 2) installation of moving walkways.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Flatrock said:

Pretty cool: Amazon's new 'Just Walk Out' Technology for EZ shopping at Nashville International Airport. Sorry if this has been posted before.

Amazon's Just Walk Out technology expands to Nashville International Airport: https://on.mktw.net/3NT5fhF

I wonder if this is the one in C facing the side of Pyramids, or one on the north side.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Chato_reyes said:

I can't screenshot fast enough before the paywall comes up, but the one graphic has a quick serve style counter. Is this going to be a full service style + to go, or quick serve against one wall and tables/chairs in the other half?

The picture certainly looks like the front face looking at it from the terminal hallway with a separate to-go counter on the outside separate and apart from the interior, sit down portion, as is the common configuration  for many airport restaurants now.  

The article also says Acme Feed and Seed is coming near the international arrivals and departures gates in 2024....

• Like 3

On 6/17/2022 at 11:03 AM, Chato_reyes said:

I can't screenshot fast enough before the paywall comes up, but the one graphic has a quick serve style counter. Is this going to be a full service style + to go, or quick serve against one wall and tables/chairs in the other half?

Souther.png

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, colemangaines said:

Snagged a pic of Amazon's "Just Walk Out" equipped convenience store in the C Terminal. Honestly it seemed like a more complicated version of grocery store self-checkout.

IMG_1445.jpg

I used one of those in Chicago-Midway earlier this year. Funny thing is they had to have like 3 guards around the front to make sure people didn’t steal. Why not just have them work the register? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I noticed in the press releases that BNA is renovating and updating its baggage handling system. I've said it before, and I think it's still applicable, but the baggage handling infrastructure and baggage claim areas are things that BNA desperately needs to bring up to standard, as it was never designed to handle this level of traffic. Does anyone know the timeline of when the baggage claim area will be overhauled?

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, markhollin said:

- Roadway improvements include making the two-lane, one-mile loop that travels past drop-offs and pick-ups bigger. It was built in 1987 and can accommodate the current 18 million travelers, but not much more. 

I'll be interested to see how they shoe horn more lanes in there...