Nashville International Airport Development thread

Lexy

Got some newbies posted on the PBase site. Also went inside to check things out in the terminal and I must say, it is still a work in progress. But the mess isn't near what it will be later on next year. Matter of fact, they are really just getting started on all the stuff.

We got the Los Angeles Kings NHL charter plane, both inside and outside as a matter of fact!

Outisde the early model Boeing 757-236. SCROLL>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

original.jpg

Inside looking at the cockpit.

original.jpg

And inside the cabin

original.jpg

More can be found here: www.pbase.com/lexyky/nashville_international_airport

Edited by Lexy

Alright, Christmas is over and how many of you used the airport? If you did, how was the experience and what were the renovations looking like? I don't know how much can be "seen" yet, but I believe that most of the renovations will start ramping up now that the passenger numbers return to pre-Christmas levels. We should expect some major attention to be given to the busiest concourse in the airport, that being concourse C. Restaurants, paint, skylights, and a host of other things are on taop for it!

http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ar...EWS01/612290377

:shok: OOPS, this stuff happens a few times a year to almost all airports, oh well, no harm happened. Look at the concourse as well, C, mostly Southwest, wtf were they gunna do?, throw peanuts and air plane shaped cracker bags(good btw), or complain they paid too much for their flight. :rofl:

Alright, Christmas is over and how many of you used the airport? If you did, how was the experience and what were the renovations looking like? I don't know how much can be "seen" yet, but I believe that most of the renovations will start ramping up now that the passenger numbers return to pre-Christmas levels. We should expect some major attention to be given to the busiest concourse in the airport, that being concourse C. Restaurants, paint, skylights, and a host of other things are on taop for it!

I used it, SWA, go cheapness. They have torn up some carpet at the end of the Concourse, that was the only really noticable thing besides colored tape every damn where, and the floors are unstable, so they have signs posted to watch your step. It wasnt too terribly busy on the 26th when I left to come back to JAX, unlike yesterday, oops. Things apparently went very smoothly with all the renovations just starting anyways.

Lexy, you never cease to amaze me. How on earth did you get on the LA Kings charter jet? Next thing you'll be taking shots from inside Airforce One!

Thanks fellas! It's my "connections" at the airport that get me in Hank. LOL!! Luckily, I have the new camera, so everyone can expect even better shots in the future from me.

Went thru the airport on Friday and will be coming back on Tuesday. All of the carpet in the C concourse is gone now and it's just the concrete underneath it.

While waiting in line for security I was wondering how they're going to do the consolidated security checkpoint. Are they going to get rid of the Capitol Grille or what?

Went thru the airport on Friday and will be coming back on Tuesday. All of the carpet in the C concourse is gone now and it's just the concrete underneath it.

While waiting in line for security I was wondering how they're going to do the consolidated security checkpoint. Are they going to get rid of the Capitol Grille or what?

I don't know. But I do know that is one of the places where the most dust will get stirred up. Let me check aroudn and see what I come up with.

Hey guys, great news! I'm working inside the terminal now at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. I'll be reporting any news regarding events/updates with anything related to BNA! With Lexy and friends reporting takeoffs and landings outside the terminal and myself reporting events and updates inside the terminal, we'll have wall to wall coverage on one of the best airports in the country.

Unfortunately, I don't have access past the security checkpoints, but at this point the common areas of the terminal still seem to be status quo as far as the rennovations are concerned.

Hey guys, great news! I'm working inside the terminal now at Enterprise Rent-A-Car. I'll be reporting any news regarding events/updates with anything related to BNA! With Lexy and friends reporting takeoffs and landings outside the terminal and myself reporting events and updates inside the terminal, we'll have wall to wall coverage on one of the best airports in the country.

Unfortunately, I don't have access past the security checkpoints, but at this point the common areas of the terminal still seem to be status quo as far as the rennovations are concerned.

collest, now we have even more insider info, literally insider, terminal inside :thumbsup:

Lexy, do you know approximately how much of the present terminal capacity at BNA is being utilized?

Well, I know of about 4 jetbridge gates that American still leases that are not being used on C and then there is the tiny D concourse that is no longer being utilized. Everything else is pretty much being used by different airlines.

oh yeah that was for like American Eagle or something, its looks like its not airport offices or something, if you closely enough from gate C-21.I am probably the slowest person ever, I just found out today JetBlue used to be ValueJet :wacko: . Anyways, when will our airport start having regular 747 passenger jet service because of Atlanta's outta control expansion controversy

oh yeah that was for like American Eagle or something, its looks like its not airport offices or something, if you closely enough from gate C-21.I am probably the slowest person ever, I just found out today JetBlue used to be ValueJet :wacko: . Anyways, when will our airport start having regular 747 passenger jet service because of Atlanta's outta control expansion controversy

Well, the bottom floor of D is still being used, you just can't see it. :shades: The other parts are fully used for offices, etc. Airtran used to be ValuJet, not JetBlue. JetBlue is it's own stand alone company that was founded by a businessman in New York, NY.

As for regular 747 serive. That won't happen here unless we become a hub. We don't have enough passengers to warrant a plane that can hold in upwards of 300-400 people on it at once. Plus, the international destinations we have aren't large enough (from Nashville) for that type of equpiment. So, the future holds just 747 traffic in the form of cargo planes for now.

I just found out today JetBlue used to be ValueJet :wacko: . Anyways, when will our airport start having regular 747 passenger jet service because of Atlanta's outta control expansion controversy

The airport is behind schedule, but it's pushing ahead. Capacity will be up to 120MM by 2020.

Airtran used to be ValuJet. Jetblue is another airline started from scratch.

The expansion includes a completely new 9000 ft. runway, and a rebuilt and extended runway for a total of five runways. Plus, the taxiways will be routed around the perimeters of the runways and through tunnels for uninterrupted taxiing.

Plus, there will be numerous additions to terminals (a whole International terminal with 12 gates), transit, and rental car areas. The total project will cost over $6 billion when completed around 2012.